Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need empty cartridges Epson 7900  (Read 1292 times)

bentbike3

Need empty cartridges Epson 7900
« on: October 22, 2014, 04:02:34 pm »

I just found out that I will be moving halfway across the country in a couple of months.  I have an Epson Stylus Pro 7900 that I want to move.  Unfortunately, I don't have enough empty ink cartridges.  I was wondering if anyone has any they can spare.  I am willing to pay for shipping and even send them back after the move if desired.

The cartridges I need are:  cyan, orange, yellow, matte black, vivid magenta, light black, green, and light light black

Thanks

Norm

huguito

Re: Need empty cartridges Epson 7900
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 06:15:10 pm »

Why are empty cartridges needed to move a printer?

bentbike3

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 06:28:37 pm »

Maybe I am mistaken.  I certainly read this with an earlier printer.  I just looked at my manual again and it says that they are asking for the original packing which I certainly do not have so maybe I don't need empty cartridges.

Norm

huguito

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 12:15:26 am »

I could be wrong in your case, I have a 9600. But in my case, when the printer was transported to my house the only thing I had to do was to install the little bracket that holds the print head immobile while the printer is being moved.
I think all Epsons have the same kind of device installed when delivered new, yours should be the same, I think.
Look in the manual, should be a chapter about moving the printer.

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 09:40:09 am »

I moved my 9900 in the back of my 4runner with the carts and ink installed. As I recalled, we read the manual and that is what it said to do to move it. There were no problems when I got it to my studio after a drive over a 9000 foot pass and 150 mile drive.

You can always call Epson support and ask them for advice.
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 05:02:16 pm »

I moved my 9900 in the back of my 4runner with the carts and ink installed. As I recalled, we read the manual and that is what it said to do to move it. There were no problems when I got it to my studio after a drive over a 9000 foot pass and 150 mile drive.

Yep, manual says leave the ink cartridges in place.  so locking down the head is the most important think (hopefully you have the small part that epson uses to do that).  i would pack it carefully, make sure it stays level and can’t jostle around too much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up