Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question for other IQ users, zoom time to 100%  (Read 663 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Question for other IQ users, zoom time to 100%
« on: October 21, 2014, 04:47:26 pm »

How long does it take for your back, IQ1 or 2 to zoom to 100% on a capture?  My 260 isSWan now taking as along as 6 seconds to zoom in on a file.  This used to happen with images towards the end of the card, but I am now seeing it on all shots captured to a card.

I only use the 32GB  SanDisk Extreme Pro cards, and format them in the camera before each shoot. 

The 5 to 6 seconds gets a bit tedious, and the fact that about 1/2 of the time the screen takes 3 to 4 seconds to redraw after I attempt to move around the image. 

This may have always been the case, but since April I have been shooting tethered so much, and the zoom time is pretty much instantaneous in C1.
I am writing the files as non compressed raw i,e, largest file size possible.

Just want to get some feedback.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
Re: Question for other IQ users, zoom time to 100%
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 05:41:14 pm »

Hi Paul,

I estimate no more than 2-3 seconds for double-tap to 100% zoom on my IQ180.  Maybe a second or two to move the image around and redraw.  It's pretty quick.

I'm using the newer Sandisk Extreme Pro 32GB card, 160MB/s, UDMA7.  I also format my CF card prior to each use.

Ken

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Question for other IQ users, zoom time to 100%
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 06:17:59 pm »

Ken:

Thanks, I need to go back and double check as on the last shoot, I was going back and forth between tethered and non.  As you know the tethered view to 100% is just so fast.  What slows me down, is not as much a single zoom in but attempting to move around the image at 100%, vs being tethered, having a navigator window as a floating tool, then just tapping to the area I need to see.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up