Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Exhibition Watercolor Paper  (Read 1114 times)

disneytoy

Epson Exhibition Watercolor Paper
« on: October 20, 2014, 09:55:11 pm »

I'm looking to buying a 44" roll of Epson Exhibition Watercolor Paper. Anyone use this paper? How is the texture?I'vew used their 13x19" Watercolor paper and it is thin and there is a distinct texture.

Any other Water color paper options in 44"?

Thanks!

huguito

Re: Epson Exhibition Watercolor Paper
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 01:41:55 am »

You will find a very different surface than the old Watercolor Radiant White.
The Exhibition watercolor is much rougher, feels ugly to the touch but looks very nice when printed, very stiff.
I had mine in sheets, don't know how much of a curl you will have to fight on this paper buying it on a roll
Please let us know after you try it if you decide to do so
I like it for muted soft colored images

disneytoy

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 02:19:09 am »

"I like it for muted soft colored images"

Exactly what I'm interested in. I've seen this stretched on canvas stretchers. VERY NICE. I believe it must be soaked in water before stretched. That's how conventional WC paper is done. Don't know how this works with as printed sheet?

huguito

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 01:59:21 pm »

I doubt you can soak a paper printed on water based inks without making a huge mess of it.
Maybe the print you saw has been stretched on bars like the ones Breathing color sells?
They are stretched by sticking the print to the bars with double side tape and then the bars roll into position creating tension.
Its really hard to explain with my limited english. Look at the video on their website.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 02:50:41 pm »

I have printed a large number of images on it.  I have 2 44x78 inch prints hanging out side my gallery.  The paper is very rough, very tactile in feel.  I display these images without glass using a special frame system I designed.  The paper was somewhat hard to print on and to get the profiling right.  But once I worked through that the prints were very handsome.  It is a matte and really flat paper so the prints will look a lot different than even a canvas print but they are very nice.  It takes a lot of light on the print to make them pop but it also makes the whole thing look rich as the paper has such a wonderful texture.  I used 44 inch rolls.  My 9900 struggled a bit on cutting but I managed.  I am now awaiting ColorByte to release the paper profile so I can use ImagePrint.  The paper does curl.  It seems to be sensitive to moisture.  This link should take you to the two images hanging outside the doors of my place.  You can see the curl.  Inside I have a large print hanging from the ceiling and it doesn't curl so much.  This is not a curl associated with the roll as much as the paper itself.  I am going to talk to Epson about it.  http://kevinraber.com/2014/04/#jp-carousel-4418   and  http://kevinraber.com/2014/04/#jp-carousel-4414.  I talked to a framer and he said the prints would dry mount flat and fine if needed.  All the images I have made and sold on this paper were sold unframed and the clients did framing.

Kevin Raber
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 04:11:57 pm »

I'm looking to buying a 44" roll of Epson Exhibition Watercolor Paper. Anyone use this paper? How is the texture?I'vew used their 13x19" Watercolor paper and it is thin and there is a distinct texture.

Any other Water color paper options in 44"?

Thanks!

I would also consider Canson Arches Aquarelle. Beautiful paper great texture and color. Also prints very fine details. 310 weight. Easier to work with than the Epson IMO. 

Paul

Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up