Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon IPF Plugin - OSX 10.10  (Read 4778 times)

simplify

Canon IPF Plugin - OSX 10.10
« on: October 20, 2014, 03:28:55 pm »

Is anybody using their IPF printer with Canon plugin in photoshop successfully on Yosemite?  I would like to upgrade.

Thanks,

jvadasz

Re: Canon IPF Plugin - OSX 10.10
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 12:12:08 pm »

I am using an 8400 printer.   Running 10.10 and just ran a print through the plug in and it works (and looks) just fine.  

Note, there is a new driver from Canon for 10.10, the other files did not look to be updated though the description of them now includes 10.10 as supported.  Further the plugin is not listed as a download for both 10.9 or 10.10.  I am using the plugin "for" 10.8.

UPDATE:  I am having some issues printing from Lightroom.  So if you also print from LR you may want to hold off.  I'll be working through this later today and hopefully have an update later.

Hope this helps.
--Jeff

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 12:25:35 pm by jvadasz »

simplify

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 02:35:26 pm »

Thanks Jeff,

I have two 8300's, and 8400 and a 9400.  I'll try the upgrade before the rest of my colleagues to make sure everything is working properly.

JP

jvadasz

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 04:51:08 pm »

OK, good luck!  

I have spend some additional time on the LR issue and I get an error:  "garodclfilter error : 3000" in the driver panel when printing (From LR).

I have re-installed the driver -- ensuring nothing else was running -- rebooted the computer.  The issue seems to be related to not being able to make the settings in my driver config (via LR) to "stick".  Popular fixes for that error include unchecking the "Fast Graphics Process" checkbox when configuring the driver.  I can uncheck that and save the settings but going right back into the driver and it has reverted.  There was an indication, in LR, that perhaps the print resolution was too high as well, so I set it to 300 ppi, still failed.  

In the end I do know the plug-in worked just fine first try for me.

UPDATE:  Its all working now!  I went through the process of removing the driver (before installing again) and this time it worked.  So...remove the old printer driver before installing the new one (System Preferences -> Printers -> highlight the printer and hit the "-" sign at the bottom of the list)

(BTW, I am sure you know that but I am putting it out there for completeness.)

Hope this helps...
--Jeff
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 06:10:43 pm by jvadasz »

Dan Wells

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 09:16:14 pm »

TWO 8300s, an 8400 and a 9400?! How many pounds of Canon printers is that? What are you printing that needs that collection? I've heard of plenty of people running two printers, but you must have a ton of print jobs to need four (with an 8300 as the SMALL machine).

simplify

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 12:28:55 am »

We often have all four printing at the same time all day, and when the two drum scanners are spinning as well its a great sight.

Upgraded to Yosemite today.  No issues so far.  I have always had issues printing from Lightroom as it does not utilize the canon plugin.

Thanks,

tculotta

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 12:39:45 pm »

I just followed your instructions after having the same error. The first print on the new IPF8400 just came off the line. Thank you!

Cheers,
Ted Culotta
Pages: [1]   Go Up