Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony A7r + Metabones IV problem with shutter and camera mount  (Read 11801 times)

allegretto

Re: Sony A7r + Metabones IV problem with shutter and camera mount
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2014, 04:10:34 pm »

Also, in pricing a rental of A7r plus adapter (Metabones is the only choice) at Lens Rentals, I noted a comment on Metabones II and IV adapters - "may not work with Zeiss ZE, use at own risk" - what's up with this? The one lens I would be most likely to use on A7r would be the Zeiss 21mm f/2.8!

Just get a sturdy passive one like the Novoflex. The Metabones is expensive, rattling and doesn't work so well though I can tell you that the IV worked fine with my 21mm 2.8 Zeiss. Just no need for any coupling since it still won't pass on EXIF

I think I'll just wait for E-mount versions of any lens but the Leicas. the Voigtlander M is so sweet with the M-glass.

I've kind of confirmed my suspicion with adapters... most are like a band-aid over a scab... not good for much but nothing else to do for now...

NancyP

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2014, 06:39:32 pm »

Passive adapters can only be used with lenses containing manually operated aperture rings. Canon EF lenses and Zeiss ZE lenses will not be be usable. It looks like it is Metabones or zip. Nice to know that the Zeiss 21 f/2.8 ZE works with Metabones IV.

Jann Lipka

• http://www.lipka.se
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2014, 10:34:39 pm »

I have another "AF " adapter
techart - and it doesn't show " waiting mode " syndrom .
but ... crashes sonys teher software when tethered to the computer ,
I cannot use passive adapter for Canon EF lenses.
I have compeletely zero success with getting any AF using adapters - also mechanincal
quality is not as good as I would expect.
Neither of my  both adapters will mount Canon 85 / 1.2 version 1.

allegretto

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2014, 11:04:37 pm »

Passive adapters can only be used with lenses containing manually operated aperture rings. Canon EF lenses and Zeiss ZE lenses will not be be usable. It looks like it is Metabones or zip. Nice to know that the Zeiss 21 f/2.8 ZE works with Metabones IV.

very good point Nancy

Not sure why they make the item then... maybe it's "just active enough" to control aperture... guess I'll find out soon enough

In any case, yes, been using the 21mm 2.8 and 24mm TS-E II with quite acceptable results
Forget the AF lenses from Canon though. It no workie...

Update; My Novoflex NEX/EOS adapter just came. The EF's stay at the max f-stop... no control... Oh well, guess its the M IV for now.. Have a DEO on order that also claims to control AF... we'll see...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 06:44:47 pm by allegretto »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up