Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Self timer H4d Hasselblad  (Read 2239 times)

orc73

Self timer H4d Hasselblad
« on: October 18, 2014, 03:08:41 pm »

Hi

sorry for another threat, I feel like one of the most stupid people on this planet. Sometimes I wonder if companies have a remote access to their products to see how people look like, when something does not work as expected. And they drink beer and eat pizza and have a blast.

When I go to menu I can set the time for self timer. I then have the options to "on" and "save". Both lead to the fact, that the next shot will be done with the given time delay. Great.
I want to shoot again, oups, to bad, camera is back to normal.Go change the setting to self timer. Each time.
Now that can't be for real, is it?
I did not find anything else in the manual. Used Intervall to get help...not really a good solution.
As I'm tethered I thought I could set the drive there(like other tethering software does).No.
Ok checked then if I have to change drive in the camera. Drive is "single" or "continuous".So no.
Ok, so, great idea, just set it on a profile then.No.As soon as you go to profile setting, the camera will go back to normal shooting mode.

Any ideas? I really hope I'm just to stupid and this is not real.

best regards

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: Self timer H4d Hasselblad
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 07:21:53 pm »

Hi

sorry for another threat, I feel like one of the most stupid people on this planet. Sometimes I wonder if companies have a remote access to their products to see how people look like, when something does not work as expected. And they drink beer and eat pizza and have a blast.

When I go to menu I can set the time for self timer. I then have the options to "on" and "save". Both lead to the fact, that the next shot will be done with the given time delay. Great.
I want to shoot again, oups, to bad, camera is back to normal.Go change the setting to self timer. Each time.
Now that can't be for real, is it?
I did not find anything else in the manual. Used Intervall to get help...not really a good solution.
As I'm tethered I thought I could set the drive there(like other tethering software does).No.
Ok checked then if I have to change drive in the camera. Drive is "single" or "continuous".So no.
Ok, so, great idea, just set it on a profile then.No.As soon as you go to profile setting, the camera will go back to normal shooting mode.

Any ideas? I really hope I'm just to stupid and this is not real.

best regards

In Capture One you can do a simple Self Timer Script (also time lapse, or voice control, voice announcement of capture timing or capture count, or foot pedal control). Maybe something similar is possible in Phocus?

jerome_m

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 02:52:47 am »

Look at page 110 of the H4D manual, custom function 21.

orc73

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 04:31:27 am »

Thanks Jerome, you made my day. I don't really understand why they have to put that in custom functions, if the do have a menu "self timer".
Now I know it.

NickT

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 05:11:51 pm »

Also if you double tap the mirror up button it will put you in self timer mode.

Nick-T

Joe Towner

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 06:27:26 pm »

Also if you double tap the mirror up button it will put you in self timer mode.

Nick-T

This is the key - double tap the mirror lockup and you're at that same delay.    It's a pain to go and change it, I went from 10sec to 4sec, but once it's set, it works really well.  My experience has been that the self-timer is used to minimize shake due to that mirror, so having them connected does make sense.
t: @PNWMF

NickT

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 06:50:43 pm »

Or you can set the mirror delay (Menu 4:1:30) which decreases the effect of mirror bounce.

calindustries

• http://www.craiglacourt.com
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 07:44:46 am »

Nice to know the double tap trick, but wouldn't just using mirror up and a cable release achieve what the OP is after in a much simpler fashion?
Pages: [1]   Go Up