Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon upgrade decision  (Read 24596 times)

LawrenceBraunstein

• My SmugMug Galeries
Re: Nikon upgrade decision
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2015, 08:09:54 am »

For anyone who has gone from the D800/800E to the D810, do you see a better focus accuracy in the auto-focus system than the prior?

Any back-focus issues?

Tia.

SG

I still have my D800E and have compared it often with my newly purchased D810. Concerning the AF system, I'm not sure I would call it 'better focus accuracy'. Perhaps 'consistency' or 'dependability' says it better. Fact is, my keeper rate is definitely higher with the D810. Add to this the much improved shutter dampening (not to mention how much quieter the shutter is) and getting tack sharp hand-held shots has become a much less challenging job. Despite this, the D800E is and remains an excellent camera capable of producing stunning photographs. Nevertheless, for the kind of photography I do, I prefer the D810.

Larry

dwswager

Re: Nikon upgrade decision
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2015, 09:43:18 pm »

I still have my D800E and have compared it often with my newly purchased D810. Concerning the AF system, I'm not sure I would call it 'better focus accuracy'. Perhaps 'consistency' or 'dependability' says it better. Fact is, my keeper rate is definitely higher with the D810. Add to this the much improved shutter dampening (not to mention how much quieter the shutter is) and getting tack sharp hand-held shots has become a much less challenging job. Despite this, the D800E is and remains an excellent camera capable of producing stunning photographs. Nevertheless, for the kind of photography I do, I prefer the D810.

Larry

I almost bit on the D800e and am so thankful that I waited.  The D800/D800e are great cameras, but the D810, in addition to the additional and upgraded features, just does everything a little bit better such that the entire package is much more efficient and effective.  I would urge anyone tempted to buy a D800/D800e on price to compare the D810.  I find it easily worth the additional cost.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up