Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unique Photography Exhibition?  (Read 6962 times)

JB Rasor

• JB Rasor
Unique Photography Exhibition?
« on: October 15, 2014, 01:56:41 am »

Hello all,

I'm doing a small project for my Master's Degree, and one of the things I'm trying to find is a photographer that presents his work in a unique, or non-traditional way. Does anyone have any suggestions or know of any photographers that may exhibit outside of the standard gallery setting? I had initially thought of Daido Moriyama, when he displayed his images at the exit of a Tokyo subway (the subjects being commuters of the subway). However, I can't seem to find any information about that exhibit. Any thoughts? Thanks everyone!!

JB Rasor

NancyP

Re: Unique Photography Exhibition?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 11:37:07 am »

If you go for alternative non-digital, non-film  processes (direct positives), there are several people who make giant photographs, eg, camera obscura inside an aircraft hanger. Unfortunately I can't remember the names.

DancePhotographer

Re: Unique Photography Exhibition?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 07:07:39 pm »

I make my own frames and have a number of alternative ways of presenting my work. Here are a few ideas that might help you:

1)  I did an exhibit called Steel: they physique of a dancer.   I mounted images on steel with plate glass suspended in front of it.

2)  Making a frame around a digital frame can create an interesting alternative.

3)  Currently I am mounting images on plywood and then mounting steel around the edges.   The images are coated in acrylic medium and have no glass in front of them.  The cool thing about that presentation is the frames can be any size imaginable - you can cut plywood to any dimensions.

4)  I've also created a shadow box and tacked images to the back.

5)  "Floating" images on top of images.  This idea came from a image I had with windows in it that I didn't like so I floated images in front of the windows.

I hope this helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up