Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Havasu Falls, Grand Canyon, AZ  (Read 751 times)

Nigel Turner

• Nigel Turner Photography
Havasu Falls, Grand Canyon, AZ
« on: October 11, 2014, 12:59:44 pm »

I thought I would post some images to the Landscape Forum to share with you all. Of course I would welcome any feedback you may have!

This was captured some time ago. This image is of Havasu Falls which is located in the Western end of the Grand Canyon. Not an easy place to get to unless you decide to get the helicopter flight from the rim.
This particular image was captured during the mid afternoon when the direct sunlight moves away from the subject, but the light remains on part of the canyon which is not in the shot.
This light is what bathes the subject in a really nice diffused and warm glow. I took this during the Fall season and had the place to myself which was very nice indeed.
Thanks for looking.
Please check me out here: <a href="http://www.nigelturnerphotography.com"</a>
"The quickest way to make a small fortune in landscape photography is to start with a large fortune!"

sdwilsonsct

Re: Havasu Falls, Grand Canyon, AZ
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 04:36:19 pm »

I like the composition, contrasting colours and movement. One question is about the blueness of the background mist which might well be real but feels unnatural to me.

Bruno Gil

• Bruno Gil Fotografia
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 07:16:15 pm »

O like the framing but the color cast is huge.
Was an option to keep it?
What filters did you used?

Cheers

thierrylegros396

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 12:33:12 pm »

Magenta cast on highlights.

Can be corrected easily with PS.

Thierry

Nigel Turner

• Nigel Turner Photography
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 12:40:05 pm »

Hi and thanks for your feedback.

I agree that there is a slight blue cast to the water and that I could correct for this is software. I decided not to as I feel that it adds to the ambience and mystique of the location.

And then again due to cross platforms and discrepancies between monitors and even profiled monitors it could be worse on yours than it appears on mine, or vice versa... something which we have only a limited amount of control over unfortunately.

I would like to add that in the printed version the blue cast appears much less when the correct profiles are used.

Thanks,
Nigel.

Please check me out here: <a href="http://www.nigelturnerphotography.com"</a>
"The quickest way to make a small fortune in landscape photography is to start with a large fortune!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up