Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 8 doesn't support Mountain Lion  (Read 5346 times)

J. Paul

Capture One 8 doesn't support Mountain Lion
« on: October 09, 2014, 12:44:27 pm »

I was just getting ready to update my Capture One Pro to version 8 but discovered that it doesn't support Mountain Lion.  Well, that rules me out for an upgrade for the foreseeable future.  I had to upgrade from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion last year so that Lightroom, etc would be supported.  Not a great way to keep Capture One customers coming back.  As I see it, and I may be in the minority, that professionals that develop a workflow, don't necessarily want to change things when they are running smoothly with their current operating system.
Regards,
J. Paul

deejjjaaaa

Re: Capture One 8 doesn't support Mountain Lion
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 02:06:12 pm »

I was just getting ready to update my Capture One Pro to version 8 but discovered that it doesn't support Mountain Lion.  Well, that rules me out for an upgrade for the foreseeable future.  I had to upgrade from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion last year so that Lightroom, etc would be supported.  Not a great way to keep Capture One customers coming back.  As I see it, and I may be in the minority, that professionals that develop a workflow, don't necessarily want to change things when they are running smoothly with their current operating system.
Regards,
J. Paul

by the same logic why do you need to upgrade to C1 v8 ? it seems your workflow works just fine with C1 v7 ... so why pay the money and get the hassle... oh, C1 v8 is better ? but then consider new OSX as a part of C1 v8 upgrade package then... that shall make it easier either to upgrade or stay behind... also I wonder - as a pro you probably have backup camera, it is good to have a backup computer too...

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 02:49:00 pm »

Hi,

It is the same with me, but I don't like C1 so it does not matter to me.

I have been trough a similar experience with my favourite, Lightroom. Needed to upgrade to a later version of Mac OS/X to use LR 5. Vendors cannot support old OS-es forever. We are living in a world that is changing, perhaps a bit to fast.But that is the world we are living in.

Best regards
Erik

Regards,
J. Paul
Erik Kaffehr

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 03:30:01 pm »

Regards,
J. Paul

You've not explained what you have against Mavericks. The upgrade from ML, for me at any rate, was completely painless.

Jeremy

deejjjaaaa

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 03:55:56 pm »

You've not explained what you have against Mavericks. The upgrade from ML, for me at any rate, was completely painless.

Jeremy

he did - "don't ...want to change things when they are running smoothly with their current operating system"

J. Paul

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 04:57:21 pm »

Thanks to all that have responded!  Some points to consider for sure.  That's right.....I don't have to upgrade to Capture One 8.  I can see the reasoning by software not supporting older versions of software but Mountain Lion is just one (about to be two with Yosemite) versions behind. 

I guess the bottom line for me is that I will probably just stick with Lightroom/Photoshop until I am forced to do another operating system upgrade.
J. Paul

SecondFocus

• SecondFocus
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 07:41:05 pm »

I was feeling the same way but then I upgraded the OS on my two computers and everything is great. No troubles, no problems. All works good.
Ian L. Sitren
[url=http://SecondFocus.co

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 09:29:57 pm »

Well... only from 10.9.4 on people are able to synchronize their iPhone locally with iTunes ( like they were used to) 
before that Apple forced you to open an iCloud account and you could synchronize there... ( since the update to 10.9 was free everyone joined iCloud so Apple made money after all- the adoption rate very high ;The only way to avoid iCloud was buying OSX server for 20$)
Also i still like 10.6.8 best for its simplicity and speed.; after that Apple turned to include all the social networks et al in 10.7 & 8 .. no real improvements, only more carbage...
10.9 has some real improvements... i like the ramzipper - that zips the ram you are using but is not needed directly - today i used 14gig ram more than i have (32) so that is a great feature.
I am having more problems with 10.9 in half a year then i ever had with 10.6 - the system is just more complicated- it works if you do as Apple has thought you to use it.
i am missing the colors in the finder that i liked from 10.6 - fortum=nately there are soem pulg ins like Xtra finder to adjust this.
I was missing the Rss reader in safari- now i am using RssOwl  ( both are free well working programs)
A good and necessary thing in 10.9 is its more safe.
and it supports the latest camera's....

cheers

PK

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 02:29:33 am »

Mate, just upgrade to Mavericks. It's free. Mountain Lion was awful.
I run a 10.6 window on Mavericks as well as I still have programmes that go back a decade.

Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

maarten

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 10:11:21 am »

Just upgraded to Yosemite, C1 v8 works fine.

allegretto

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 10:38:53 am »

Just upgraded to Yosemite, C1 v8 works fine.

yeah... too bad I lost Pags and Numbers. So now I have to BUY them again

I hate f-ing OS upgrades. Seems like way too often this kind of thing goes on. If they'd have told me in large print what I was losing I would NOT have done it

StuartOnline

• Travels Photographer Stuart Schaefer
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 11:07:53 am »

yeah... too bad I lost Pags and Numbers. So now I have to BUY them again

I hate f-ing OS upgrades. Seems like way too often this kind of thing goes on. If they'd have told me in large print what I was losing I would NOT have done it

Not sure why you had to re purchase Pages and Numbers. After I updated to Yosemite all I had to do was update Pages and Numbers to the newer version to run on Yosemite. Did not have to pay again.

Stu

allegretto

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2014, 10:48:38 am »

Not sure why you had to re purchase Pages and Numbers. After I updated to Yosemite all I had to do was update Pages and Numbers to the newer version to run on Yosemite. Did not have to pay again.

Stu

I see

Well I was using Pages and Numbers from iWorks '09

What version were you using?

StuartOnline

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2014, 01:28:55 pm »

I see

Well I was using Pages and Numbers from iWorks '09

What version were you using?

I have both versions. When this newer version was first released it asked if I wanted to upgrade. Never had to pay anything.
Then with Yosemite an upgrade version was available after installing Yosemite. Again never paid anything.

You may like to check this out:
http://www.macworld.com/article/2056159/what-you-need-to-know-about-apples-free-apps-policy.html
As it may be of some help.

Stu

allegretto

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2014, 02:46:53 pm »

I have both versions. When this newer version was first released it asked if I wanted to upgrade. Never had to pay anything.
Then with Yosemite an upgrade version was available after installing Yosemite. Again never paid anything.

You may like to check this out:
http://www.macworld.com/article/2056159/what-you-need-to-know-about-apples-free-apps-policy.html
As it may be of some help.

Stu

Hey Stu, thanks a bunch. For some reason, perhaps what was mentioned in the article, I went to Apps and got a different prompt to "download"

All good now, thx again...

StuartOnline

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2014, 05:34:22 pm »

Hey Stu, thanks a bunch. For some reason, perhaps what was mentioned in the article, I went to Apps and got a different prompt to "download"

All good now, thx again...

Wonderful!  Glad you finally where able to get the correct download. 

Stu
Pages: [1]   Go Up