Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPhoto/D2x problem -- a little help?  (Read 3075 times)

John Camp

IPhoto/D2x problem -- a little help?
« on: November 25, 2005, 09:06:55 am »

I have IPhoto on a dual Mac that I've used to store a few hundred casual shots from various P&S cameras. When I load a memory card from my D2x into the card reader, IPhoto automatically starts -- but it can't read the D2x photos, and it hangs up the entire machine for several minutes. Is there any way to disable IPhoto's automatic start-up feature so I can go directly into Photoshop, rather than having to fool around trying to stop IPhoto? I don't want to get rid of IPhoto entirely, because the shots I have stored there are an entirely different category than the ones I keep in Photoshop, and I'm happy this way...

JC

francois

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 10:59:09 am »

I have IPhoto on a dual Mac that I've used to store a few hundred casual shots from various P&S cameras. When I load a memory card from my D2x into the card reader, IPhoto automatically starts -- but it can't read the D2x photos, and it hangs up the entire machine for several minutes. Is there any way to disable IPhoto's automatic start-up feature so I can go directly into Photoshop, rather than having to fool around trying to stop IPhoto? I don't want to get rid of IPhoto entirely, because the shots I have stored there are an entirely different category than the ones I keep in Photoshop, and I'm happy this way...

JC
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=52144\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
John,
Go into your Applications folder and locate the application "Image Capture", open it and go into the preferences. There, you can set what action is taken when a camera or memory card is connected. Let me know if fixes your problem.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 11:00:22 am by francois »
Francois

John Camp

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 04:01:29 pm »

Thanks. That did the trick.

-JC
Pages: [1]   Go Up