Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One Oversaturated with Red Tones???!  (Read 17506 times)

indusphoto

• 500px
Re: Capture One Oversaturated with Red Tones???!
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2014, 06:59:28 pm »

Firstly, the color rendition is going to be different between LR and C1. Once you are used to C1, you will feel LR rendering to be pale.

That said, if you feel comfortable uploading a raw file somewhere, I am sure a lot of people will be able to help you with the processing parameters.

terence_patrick

• http://www.terencepatrick.com
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2014, 05:14:41 pm »

Firstly, the color rendition is going to be different between LR and C1. Once you are used to C1, you will feel LR rendering to be pale.

I agree with this statement.

Back to OP's problem, I think the OP should try to make adjustments that best fits what their vision without looking at the "out of the box" defaults. The image they chose is about 2/3rd stop under and was probably shot in early/late light, with the camera's AutoWB making things warmer.

allegretto

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2014, 12:12:31 pm »

funny, you're almost ALL correct

OP - drop from "Film Standard" tp "Linear". Much better starting point. Then use sliders for exposure, clarity etc. Think you will like this much better.

Yes, documentation is sparse. And Phase One's you tubes are somewhat helpful, but still not confidence inspiring. LuLa's Tutorial is the BEST, by FAR. Kevin does a great job of showing the power of this thing off. It is very very powerful indeed

Yes, when in the properly trained hands, with developed presets it is the best converter.

Personally I love/hate it/ Would ditch it but for those Canon files I want to stand out it still beats LR even with a wash through DxO 9.5. Simply amazing skin tones. You go, "...OMG, that's exactly what it looked like!"

Nikon and to a great extent Sony look very red to me in any case, but if anything can tune it up, C1 can. just be patient and treat LuLa's Tutorial as "The Missing Manual" to a great extent.

Kerry L

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2014, 01:49:48 pm »

Ok so I sorted this out by changing the ICC color profile in the images Color panel in the top left from the D7000 preset to the Adobe RGB preset. Should I have needed to change this? Is there a way to set this permanently?

One other thing that you should look at is the ICC profile set in your OUTPUT recipe. The  colour rendition in the viewer will mirror this setting.

I match both the colour balance my monitor and the output of C1pro (ProPhotoRGB) and then I can anticipate a colour shift when outputing to another colour profile like sRGB.
"Try and let your mind see more than you

studio347

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2014, 11:40:16 pm »

after setting everything right, try to low overall saturation around 10~15 for people(if using strobe, at flash V2 setting).
I noticed that friends, fashion-portrait photographers, use this setting. And use curve tool to enhance some contrast on bright area...
For other photography fields, it depends on you. Recently, I want to low the saturation and try some color editor change.
As captureone default_for strobe, I think everything is quite neutral + a bit saturated. For myself, I want to something different in very subtle way.... depending on an image.
As a starting point, I would try to low saturation a bit... or only red part through color editor. and use curve tool a bit for some contrast increase in the bright tone part only.
Small_subtle change of saturation(overall or selective) is more personal expression as long as a certain degree of photographic color realism is maintained.
To do this correctly, I think, we need to invest some serious time and effort. But don't afraid trying.
But I would hesitate to increase saturation since it's already quite strong color as default....
I prefer using capture one than photoshop since the impression white shooting or early stage of image making, is important.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 11:55:45 pm by studio347 »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up