Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3200 color problems  (Read 3459 times)

Andrew7

Z3200 color problems
« on: October 04, 2014, 04:50:13 pm »

Hi, This is my first post, I'm sure you be understanding and patient with me.
I have an HP Z3200 that has been unused for about 1 year ( I know that is not good) I'm having a challange getting it printing colors properly to no suprise of anybody on this forum.

One issue is severe banding on the Red and Matte K. I'm quite sure that is a printhead issue. I will replace the printhead.

The bigger issue for me is that the Blue rectangle in the test print is coming out purple and the Yellow is printing a mustard color. I've done multiple printer printhead cleanings as well as manual printhead cleanings. I've shaken all the ink cartridges. There is no sign of banding in any colors other than Red and MK.

I hope the forum members might have some ideas. I'm stumped!

Glad to be a member of the forum and hope I can be of assistance in the future

Andy

Geraldo Garcia

• Personal blog
Re: Z3200 color problems
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 11:17:03 pm »

Well...
The blue actually is purple on the Z3200 so that is expected. The yellow, on the other hand, should not be mustard. Although I have actually seen and tasted some poor quality mustards that are quite close to the correct yellow of the Z3200 (obviously artificially colored) :D.

A lot can happen during one year of no use, specially if the printer was unplugged. Inks may have expired and separated on the carts and on the tubes/heads.
Before replacing the heads (that may be necessary) I would remove and agitate all carts for a few minutes, perform some (a lot) head cleanings to try to clean the heads and, at the same time, purge ink from the tubes.
Print several nozzle check patterns during the cleanings and see if there are any improvements.

Good luck.

Andrew7

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 12:23:43 pm »

Thanks for responding Geraldo.

I'll begin more agitating. Most people think I'm agitating enough already.

Good to know that Blue actually prints as Purple, would never have thought.

Andy

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 03:42:28 pm »

as you say yellow is mustard- maybe a second printhead is needed... ( polluted with Magenta?) they are not to expensive
(for 200€ you have a completely new printer= 4 printheads but only replace one if required... check the nozzle lines in the diagnostic image to see if they are complete)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 03:44:55 pm by kers »
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 08:37:58 pm »

I make up 12" square color targets ROYGBIV and print them out on cheap paper. This gets the ink flowing.  When I see that one color looks wrong, I continue printing and cleaning until it comes round right.

Try making a yellow square and print it a few times running a head cleaning in between.

Be sure the squares are at least 1 foot square.

Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com

deanwork

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 10:14:27 pm »

Yea, the first thing you want to do is take the ink cart out and shake it for about a minute, then print a yellow rectangle about 20x30 inches in size and see if it works, then replace the head if that doesn't work . If the ink cart is low I would replace it too.

Pages: [1]   Go Up