Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad CFV-50c costs less than $10k in Japan  (Read 30099 times)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Hasselblad CFV-50c costs less than $10k in Japan
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2014, 11:08:28 pm »

On the plus side, Ken; you're still better off than the guys who broke the piggy bank over a D3x. :D

Why?

The D3x was announced a few months later at the same price, delivered a superior level of performance and kept as a result a higher resell value.

Cheers,
Bernard

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2014, 12:30:24 am »

Hi,

I may feel that it is remarkable that the D3x used price is around $3k, given that you can buy a D810 for 3.3k.

But getting back to the OP, I gave $10 for my P45+ a year ago. Would it not be for the 1.3X crop factor I would be tempted to upgrade to the CFV-50c. I would add that it is much more expensive, like $17k including sales tax. Still a bit to much for me.

But, if live view turns out usable I may buy a ticket to Tokyo…

Best regards
Erik

jaja true. The D800/E/810 is a Killer. Humm but still the 3Dx used price has stabilized at around $3k. The 1DS3 around $2k.  :'( Great deals IMHO. But yeah, not for the folks, like me, who got them new  :'(
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 12:34:38 am by ErikKaffehr »
Erik Kaffehr

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2014, 01:20:41 pm »

In Sweden it is actually OK to import things if they have been used. For instance, a colleague of mine bought a golf set in the US and was stopped in customs, but they found a piece of grass on one of those clubs, so it was no issue.

But even if you pay all legal fees it would be 4000$ cheaper than when bought here.

Best regards
Erik

Don't you guys have import duties/ taxes to pay? Or are you all planning to smuggle them into your countries?
Erik Kaffehr

torger

« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2015, 05:50:50 am »

Yep, the low price offer ended a while ago :(. The rumor I've heard is that dealers in Europe and US complained as they lost customers and Hasselblad then raised the Japanese price instead of lowering the European/US prices to match.

The prices had to be matched anyway, it's a global world. It seemed like some specialized in buying CFV-50c in Japan and selling them to EU/US with a profit, but still substantially cheaper than the $15k

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2015, 08:50:26 am »

Oh well, can take this one off my list for now.  I figured it was too good to be true for long.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

torger

« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2015, 10:30:56 am »

I think it would have been nicer if they had lowered the price in EU/US instead of increasing it in Japan. However, I heard that there was quite a waiting list. What to do when you can't produce in the same rate it's being sold, raising the price sounds like the easy way out.

Increasing production rate would probably be smarter though, if it would be possible.

mi-fu

« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2015, 10:37:20 am »

i was lucky enough to get one through a friend. he said it was out of stock most of the time during the promotion period in jp too.

unlike most parts of the world, hasselblad itself is the distributor in japan. i believe that is the reason why they could offer a lower price.

Balt

« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2015, 06:55:42 pm »

Hi all,

I've read through this long thread and am disturbed to see a lot of discussion showing disregard for the CFV 50c, or preference of the Credo/Leaf/PhaseOne backs over the CFV 50c, yet not a single review or comparison featuring raw files has been linked or shown... Surely the people that voice those opinions are not just blowing hot air? Where are those reviews? Comparisons? Has nobody published an in depth review of this back yet?

Thanks

- Balt

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2015, 07:24:41 pm »

Reviews are few and far on any of the 50 MP CMOS backs.  There is a good review over on getdpi.com on the Credo 50 by Guy Mancuso.  Lula has written a lot about the 645Z. I have yet to see much on the 50c.

There is this post on the Getdpi forum where several good sample images have been posted.

http://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-digital-backs/52893-cfv50c-images.html

I would love to get my hands on one to test.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Ken R

« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2015, 07:57:31 pm »

Hi all,

I've read through this long thread and am disturbed to see a lot of discussion showing disregard for the CFV 50c, or preference of the Credo/Leaf/PhaseOne backs over the CFV 50c, yet not a single review or comparison featuring raw files has been linked or shown... Surely the people that voice those opinions are not just blowing hot air? Where are those reviews? Comparisons? Has nobody published an in depth review of this back yet?

Thanks

- Balt

Honestly I do not think one should expect much difference between all the backs/cameras that use the same Sony 50MP CMOS sensor in regards to Image Quality (of the sensor / camera per se). There might be some slight differences in RAW image processing but I would not expect much. There are however big differences between the systems but more in regards to optics (which of course do affect image quality and look), body/features, tethering performance / stability and just overall functionality.

torger

« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2015, 01:39:32 am »

Color is very different if you go with the manufacturers profiles and curves, which I think most actually do. If you make your own profiles they will match up well of course.

From what I've heard Hasselblad is quite good at keeping the same basic look across cameras with very different sensors, thanks to profiling. So if one like Hassy color, one will like the CFV-50c. The CFV-50c uses the same profiles as H5D-50c.

The great opportunity with the CFV-50c as I see it is use on tech cams, where the lenses will be the same as for any other Sony CMOS back at a much lower cost than the alternatives, even now when price is back up at $15k.

Over at getdpi there are some images posted.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up