Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony A7R viewfinder problem....need help  (Read 916 times)

Dave Gurtcheff

Sony A7R viewfinder problem....need help
« on: October 03, 2014, 07:48:23 pm »

We are on vacation for several days in Wildwood NJ. Very wide and bright beaches. I find it near impossible to see the finder in bright light. I am left eyed, and must use my left hand to shield the finder with my eye up to it. To make matters worse, I was shooting at f11 and f13 for enhanced depth of field. This is what I discovered ( using both Zeiss FE 35mm and 55 mm lenses): When I look through the finder, the lens aperture appears to be at it's smallest opening, making viewing almost impossible. When I push the shutter release half way to focus, the lens stops down or opens up to SHOOTING aperatue. In this case it went to f13, and I could no see to compose. How can I use this camera like my DSLRs, i.e., compose and focus WIDE open, then have the lens stop down the instant of pressing the shutter release? I am completely frustrated......am I missing something?
Thanks in advance......Getting ready to use my DSLR for traveling!
Dave

deejjjaaaa

Re: Sony A7R viewfinder problem....need help
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 09:14:43 pm »

We are on vacation for several days in Wildwood NJ. Very wide and bright beaches. I find it near impossible to see the finder in bright light. I am left eyed, and must use my left hand to shield the finder with my eye up to it.

get a different eyecup

am I missing something?

may be [ * ] -> [ 2 ] -> [ Live View Display ] option in menu ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up