Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3800 banding on yellow only  (Read 1135 times)

Slipstick

Epson 3800 banding on yellow only
« on: October 02, 2014, 11:52:47 am »

Hi

I hope you can help. I have recently encountered grey banding/lines on the yellow colour only in the direction of the print head traverse. The grey bands/lines are about 1cm apart. I have tried a head clean but to no avail. The nozzle check usually shows a perfectly clean yellow pattern, but I have also seen muddy yellow, and even a yellow nozzle check where the lower three bars were light grey and those above were the pure yellow I expected.

Any suggestions or help gratefully received.

Regards

Some Guy

Re: Epson 3800 banding on yellow only
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 12:20:30 pm »

More cleaning cycles and hopefully it will self-fix.  I let mine sit for a day or so between power cleans where the 3880 will clog a nozzle or line in the printout.  Maybe day 2 it will get back to working right - maybe.

Good luck, but seems this is a normal pattern too.  I know if I do not run a nozzle check in a couple of my 3880's they will spit out a broken line in the nozzle check for some color someplace.  Don't know why it got listed by some as a non-clogger, but it will and does for me in a week of non-use.  One Epson dye ink printer I also use is far worse so I doubt it is a pigment vs. dye issue.  Epson uses smaller nozzles than Canon (DPI) so might be they just clog more often than Canon.

SG

Slipstick

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 01:22:44 pm »

Thank you for your answer.

After I posted my question I searched the database for similar problems and found a post by PFlower that exactly described my problem. There are several other posts in the thread and the conclusion is that there is ink migration from the black to the yellow and the condition is terminal!

I hope I am wrong. These printers always hold a large inventory of ink representing a lot of £££s or $$$s depending on where you live.

Any more replies welcomed.

Thank you for reading the post.

martin archer-shee

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 06:31:33 pm »

Check in at  www.inkjetmall.com. they have a tech page dealing with Epson printers and seem to have good response. Do not know if you have to be a member.
Martin
Pages: [1]   Go Up