Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Hasselblad Repair Technician  (Read 1745 times)

foto_man

Best Hasselblad Repair Technician
« on: October 01, 2014, 04:05:16 pm »

Hey Everyone,

I will like some advice & recommendations. I am looking for a repair technician for my Hasselblad 100mm CF lens.

Here's the backstory:

I was shooting about a month ago. I like to shoot a polaroid first to check my exposure. Well, the polaroid I shot at 1/125 was blown out. I changed the aperture and adjusted the shutter speed to 1/250 and that fixed it.

But I knew I had a problem. So I took the lens to my local camera shop. The local tech (very nice guy) checked the shutter speeds. All normal. He said that the Main spring needs to be replaced. He did not have the parts and will send it to Hasselblad in NJ.

I agreed, not knowing what I was getting myself into. They charged 22 bucks to send it over. And the estimate took 2 weeks to get back.

So Hasselblad said that the lens needs a main spring, a mounting tube to repair the lens. With shipping and my local camera shop's charge on top of the repair, the whole thing will come out to 500 bucks.

I bought the lens for close to 900 bucks 6 years ago. I am feeling a bit swindled. I have not agreed to the repair yet. Are they ripping me off? Is this a good price?

If there are any other credible repair techs out there?

Even if I refuse the repair, the whole thing is going to cost me 80 bucks just to get my lens back (22 dollars to ship it to Hassy in NJ plus 60 bucks to ship it back!)

I appreciate any help/advice. Thank you in advance.

Oh, the lens is an older one. I believe it was built in 1983. She's lasted a long time and is my favorite one to use.

Hank Keeton

• SeeingTao
Re: Best Hasselblad Repair Technician
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 04:39:34 pm »

Greetings,

If you live near Portland, Oregon (or even if you don't.....)....I'd call Paul Osburn at Associated Camera Repair (503.206.4689....POsburn294@aol.com). He's kept all my Hassy gear (C, CF, CFi glass, multiple bodies) operating at peak-condition for more than 30+years...

Good luck,

Hank
....always seeking.....

SeeingTao.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up