Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipf8400 question after a month  (Read 1398 times)

mstevensphoto

• Denver Commercial Photographer
ipf8400 question after a month
« on: October 01, 2014, 12:21:23 pm »

Hey folks, having grand luck with my ipf8400 after a month of use but today it struck me, I don't think I've ever heard this printer wake itself up and agitate the ink or do other cleaning/maintenance. I'm printing maybe once every 4 days because things are slow. Seems like my ipf8300 would come on and do a little work from time to time. I let the printer sleep but I don't turn it off in hopes that it will keep itself happy and healthy like the 8300 used to.....am I missing something?

vjbelle

Re: ipf8400 question after a month
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 03:24:16 pm »

I have a newer IPF8400 and never shut it off but allow it to sleep.  It wakes itself up maybe every 2 days..... easy to miss as it doesn't make very much noise.  I also don't print that often but always run a Qimage 'clog prevention' print the beginning of every week. 

Victor

Concord

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 09:33:57 am »

Funny I've been using my ipf8400 or about the same amount of time, infrequently, and had the same question.  I haven't heard it wake itself up and do a maintenance routine (though I haven't been around much to witness if it did).  I was even wondering if I needed to configure the auto-maintenance schedule, though I don't think this is the case. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 11:24:25 am »

That's the great part of the x400 line.  The ipf8400 is pretty quite during the cleaning cycles.  Our unit does the same and we barely hear it unless it's printing and we use it almost daily.  We also sell the printers, so we have a demo that we print from and show to customers when interested.  Since they've updated the software and hardware in the x400 line, they made them just as easy (and quite), if not better to work with than the x300 line.  Even if you don't keep it turned on and the environment is pretty normal (standard humidity and air pressure, etc), the printer should work fine after a few months of no use.  It will detect any possible clogs and would clean it upfront.

The printer does have a scheduled maintenance that is already set up upfront, but you can adjust it to your preference if needed.  Hope this helps with any questions/confusions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up