Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows / ColorMunki / PS CS6 Printing Problem  (Read 1003 times)

Simon J.A. Simpson

Windows / ColorMunki / PS CS6 Printing Problem
« on: September 30, 2014, 04:14:40 am »

I have a friend who is trying to use a ColorMunki to make printer profiles on a Windows 7 system.  He has not yet been successful.  I have been able to advise him, to a degree, about the settings for the printer and, when printing a test file, Photoshop CS6; but being a Mac user I have been bewildered by the plethora of settings that can be introduced on the Windows platform.  ???

So I would be grateful for any Windows users who could help us out.

First question: how does he make sure that colour management is off in the printer dialogue both for the ColorMunki and Photoshop (although i thought CS6 took care of this automatically on Windows and the Mac ?).  BTW he is using a Canon multifunction printer (no derogatory remarks please)

He has come across a dialogue box of printer options (reproduced below) two of which I do not quite understand.
Assuming the "application" referred to is Photoshop then the “Disable the color profile setting of [Photoshop]” should not be ticked ?  Should this not be enabled to allow ‘Photoshop [to] Manage Colors” ?
I don’t know what “Disable ICM required from the application software means” and whether it should be enabled or not.

We would both be grateful for any guidance.

Thank you in advance.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 04:20:44 am by Simon J.A. Simpson »

Some Guy

Re: Windows / ColorMunki / PS CS6 Printing Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 10:41:27 am »

Turn off or disable color management when the printer driver pops up from within the x-rite software when it prepares to make the test prints.

SG
Pages: [1]   Go Up