Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 7600 on ethernet printe stops at end of print  (Read 523 times)

lhodaniel

Epson 7600 on ethernet printe stops at end of print
« on: September 26, 2014, 07:54:32 pm »

Hi all,

I moved and have newly set up my 7600 via Ethernet using a scavenged card I bought off Ebay. I successfully printed a 8x12 to test the card using a short Cat 5 jumper. After some time, I installed a 50 footer around my baseboards and, with some difficulty, got the old Epson driver to run. OS is Win 8.1 update 1. The driver loads and finds the printer with no issues if one disables driver signing. Everything works great until the driver completes the job on the workstation. At that point the printer stops with a little left to go and does not cut. The printer hangs with the Operate light flashing. This is on 10x15 inch prints. Surely the spooler isn't being overloaded.

The computer has had some other niggling issues lately. It is loaded with software and I'm dreadfully looking at a clean install. Before I do that, I thought I would ask anyone who has experience running Epsons via Ethernet if there is any network setting that might alleviate the issue. I hate to clean install or move the printer for usb use if I don't have to.

Thanks,
Lloyd
Pages: [1]   Go Up