Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for Teaching Materials  (Read 7526 times)

lsinoff

Looking for Teaching Materials
« on: September 25, 2014, 12:40:49 pm »

I am starting a camera club in one of our High Schools.  Can anyone recommend book(s) on introduction to digital cameras that go into the kind of detail in Adams' "the Camera"?  If you have any suggestions about this or anything else that might be of interest in this area, please suggest.

Iluvmycam

Re: Looking for Teaching Materials
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 05:14:46 pm »

Yes, you should have a photo collection for your print viewing room or with illustrating lectures.

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 05:32:42 pm »

Wow - there is so much available online now including instructional videos that I hesitate to recommend anything in print form. As well, on line instruction can be tailored to the camera being used as so many digital cameras have enough minor differences that I have it very difficult to instruct without the students already knowing their own camera. Furthermore, I've found that kids who are interested are better today at self-learning using online materials than anytime in the past.

What I've found most effective is to just get them shooting in even P mode (not auto because with P mode, you can at least turn the flash on and off). Then project the images and have them collaboratively suggest improvements both visually and technically. I'm always amazed at how much they know and how much they are willing to share.

Of course you may already be doing all this and you're just here for a book recommendation!
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

Valdo

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 03:12:11 am »

Hi Isinoff,
try this site, I think it's the best for beginers and the people behind (chapeau!) are incredible productive.

http://digital-photography-school.com

P.S. also Darlene's page is interesting: http://www.digitalphotomentor.com
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 03:15:35 am by Valdo »
Pages: [1]   Go Up