Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEF Plugins for Photshop 7 (Windows 64 Bit)  (Read 3009 times)

Pterosaur

NEF Plugins for Photshop 7 (Windows 64 Bit)
« on: November 20, 2005, 11:15:11 pm »

G'day,

I am new to the forum, and am running Windows XP pro 64 bit. Photoshop 7 runs fine, but I am not able to get a RAW plugin for NEF files   (unable to find a compatible one on Adobe'e site) and as Nikon software will not load on the 64 bit system   I am in a bit of a bind when it comes to manipulating all my NEF files.

Any useful suggestions would be welcome.

thanks

Terry

Pterosaur

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 05:29:03 am »

Just thought I'd post the solution if anyone else has had a problem with the 64-bit edition of Windows and installing Nikon software.

After some further experimentation, I found that prior to installing, by selecting the setup program for Picture Project, "right clicking" and choosing the "compatibility" tab, and then selecting "windows XP", PP installed on my 64 bit system, with full functionality, including installation of the appropriate NEF plugins into Photoshop 7.

Thus it appears that the Nikon software works with the 64 bit edition of Windows, and the problem may lie with the installation program.

regards
Terry

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 12:46:42 am »

Upgrade to CS2, and you'll be able to use Camera RAW to convert your files instead of the slow Nikon plugin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up