Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kudos to NEC support  (Read 783 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Kudos to NEC support
« on: September 24, 2014, 01:44:09 pm »

I have always found that the NEC support on their spectraview monitors was very good, however just recently I had a situation on my 2690, long out of warranty, where NEC really helped me out.

This monitor had developed a green tint, very easy to see when looking at a white screen like the main screen of windows explorer.  When I installed the new 30" 302, I for the first time realized just how bad the 26" had gone out of true.

I called NEC, (they answer the phone with real people after the first directional prompt), the employees on the phone, quickly look you up, and the history of the 26".  The first person told me that I would be referred to the spectra view tech group.  2 minute hold and I had someone on the phone.  5 minutes later I had a fix and was back in business.

Fix was simple, create a custom WB then recalibrate.  Many probably knew this, but my spectraview use is pretty much, run it once a month, to the D65 and D55 settings.  I have never tried to customize the WB.  It's actually very easy. 

Anyway, NEC has an excellent product line and their tech support is very strong also.  Just wanted to pass this on. 

I am in the US, so my call center is US based. 

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up