Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: May the battle begin: Actus vs. F-universalis  (Read 26655 times)

marc aurel

Re: May the battle begin: Actus vs. F-universalis
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2016, 01:02:39 pm »

Hi Chris,

thank you very much for the images. Looks very promising. I love the way they made it. Very clear and simple.

May I ask some questions?
1. Does the USB-port mean, that there is no battery inside and you have to have an external power source connected all the time? (I think the cambo solution has a battery inside.)
2. How do you change aperture?
3. And my last question (I do not expect it, but since I would love it - I have to ask): there is probably no possibility to use that usb-connection to transfer the information about lens, focal length and the used aperture to the camera mount somehow, is there? That would have been a perfect solution. Expecially if you use a zoom lens it would be very helpful for correction of distortions. Without that it will not be easy - if you aply shift AND use the lens at different focal lengths it appears to be nearly impossible to correct distortions to me. Or did you find a solution for that?

Best regards -
Marc
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 01:11:13 pm by marc aurel »

marc aurel

« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2016, 09:11:21 am »

Hi Chris,

I am still very curious about your experience with the new lens board for the unviersalis.
I don't want to push (I guess you are busy and have a lot of stuff to do). Just want to say that I am very interested.

Regards -
Marc

Theodoros

« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2016, 06:45:07 am »

I know this is a bit off topic, but I would like to know how much displacement (measured on the rail scale) a full 360degree turn of the focusing knob causes on the Actus and how much on the Universallis?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up