Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: annoying problem with new bridge/ACR  (Read 3120 times)

Ben Rubinstein

annoying problem with new bridge/ACR
« on: November 19, 2005, 01:31:15 pm »

I downloaded the new bridge, seems like it only shows the sharpening (preview only) of a RAW file at 100% used to show at all magnifications and it's extremely annoying, I don't browse through or edit my photos at 100% obviously and not being able to tell if they are sharp or not unless I laboriously zoom in on each one is a royal PITA.
The sharpening also seems to be far harsher than usual.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 06:56:19 pm »

I downloaded the new bridge, seems like it only shows the sharpening (preview only) of a RAW file at 100% used to show at all magnifications and it's extremely annoying, I don't browse through or edit my photos at 100% obviously and not being able to tell if they are sharp or not unless I laboriously zoom in on each one is a royal PITA.
The sharpening also seems to be far harsher than usual.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=51705\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That’s correct, 100% or higher since you can’t really judge the effect if less (or so the logic goes). It also speeds up previews. Now there is a preference that controls if the sharpening you see in ACR is applied ONLY to the preview or both preview and final image. Check that preference.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Ben Rubinstein

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 07:55:29 pm »

no way to get it back to how it was before? I need the sharpening to judge the photo and zooming into 100% over a weddings worth of 500 exposures is worse than annoying. It used to be fine for judging focus or handshake at any magnification with ACR set to sharpening 'preview only' as it is now.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 07:59:58 pm by pom »
Pages: [1]   Go Up