Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: H4D body only, no value?  (Read 8131 times)

jerome_m

Re: H4D body only, no value?
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2014, 04:27:08 pm »

you can also use any H3dII digital back on any h3dII or H4d body. I happen to have a H3dII-39 back with a broken body. But i can use the back on all my other H3dII and H4 bodies. Calibration is off probably but i have never noticed any problems or so.

When I read that, I found it hard to believe since word from Hasselblad is that backs and bodies are matched and only work in pair. But since I am still in the position to try it, because I haven't sold my H3DII-50 yet, I decided to check. Indeed it works.

Shrev94412

• Phase One, Fuji GFX100, Nikon and Leica Q2 Shooter
    • Shreve Fine Art
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2014, 11:45:40 pm »

Just to clarify – I don't know if I'm misreading the above post or not – but you can use the H3Dii-50 and H4D-50 backs on a technical camera with an external battery solution, which Silvestri make. It's not as elegant as the H5D solution or, better still, the IQ series, but it's not that cumbersome in practice.

I stand corrected.....Its looks like there is a solution now..http://www.silvestricamera.com/. Per Alpa, the H4D-40 (Which I own) is still not recommended for a Tech Camera due to Micro Lenses on the sensor. I would try out all the other solutions and see if it works. Would like an update when completed. This would make using the H4D-50 and 60 on a Tech Camera possible which would be awesome!!

Thanks so much for the info!
Check out my work at www.shrevefineart.com

Peter Devos

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2014, 05:09:17 am »

When I read that, I found it hard to believe since word from Hasselblad is that backs and bodies are matched and only work in pair. But since I am still in the position to try it, because I haven't sold my H3DII-50 yet, I decided to check. Indeed it works.
Nice tot hear other people also try out new things :-)
I have used many self made contraptions on a h1 with 528c back. The CF lens adapter in combination with flash sync gives many opportunities. But the nicest body remains the hartbleicam. Evert lens ever made fits thuis camera :-)

Joe Towner

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2014, 11:46:48 am »

I stand corrected.....Its looks like there is a solution now..http://www.silvestricamera.com/. Per Alpa, the H4D-40 (Which I own) is still not recommended for a Tech Camera due to Micro Lenses on the sensor. I would try out all the other solutions and see if it works. Would like an update when completed. This would make using the H4D-50 and 60 on a Tech Camera possible which would be awesome!!

Thanks so much for the info!

I priced the Silvestri kit, it's a lot more than the other options listed on this thread : http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=85816.0

My use will be on a GX680 III, so depending on your use, that may be an option in lieu of a technical camera (and much cheaper).
t: @PNWMF

Peter Devos

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2014, 05:35:36 pm »

I do use my 50Mp very often on my fuji gx680III with the kapture group fuji gx680 adapter and their hasselblad V system groundglass. This is to me the very best combination and gives me a hit rate of almost 100 percent. The groundglas really focusses very fast and extremely accurate. I will post a picture of my kit tomorrow :-)

Theodoros

« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2014, 06:33:04 pm »

I do use my 50Mp very often on my fuji gx680III with the kapture group fuji gx680 adapter and their hasselblad V system groundglass. This is to me the very best combination and gives me a hit rate of almost 100 percent. The groundglas really focusses very fast and extremely accurate. I will post a picture of my kit tomorrow :-)
Could you please be certain Peter that all H3Dii backs work with all H3 & H4 cameras? This is a very serious question in which I'm very interested on... Can one use an H3Dii-39ms back on an H4X? ...or even more, an H4D-200ms back on an H4x? ...I'm only interested on H4x because stop using my 528c alongside my next back (in which I've not decided yet if it'll be a Hassy or a Sinar) is out of the question...

Peter Devos

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2014, 06:02:10 am »

No, H4X does not have the power supply for the back :-(

Theodoros

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2014, 06:37:14 am »

No, H4X does not have the power supply for the back :-(
What if one powers the back externally like he does if he uses the back on a view camera Peter?

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2014, 04:31:54 pm »

Can you put an H3D-II back on an H4D body?

bob
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

jerome_m

« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2014, 01:29:44 am »

Can you put an H3D-II back on an H4D body?

I tried to exchange the backs between an H3DII-50 and an H4D-50 and it appears to work. See the top message on this page.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 01:32:07 am by jerome_m »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up