Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: H1 w/credo in camera multiple exposure?  (Read 693 times)

douglevy

• New England Wedding Photographer Doug Levy
H1 w/credo in camera multiple exposure?
« on: September 18, 2014, 05:36:21 pm »

Is this possible? I see that I can set the camera to "multiple exposure" via an assigned button, but nothing happens. My fear/thought is it's intended for those shooting film only. I'd love to be able to do it for a project I'm working on and show the client in real-time, vs doing it in post.

Thanks!
-Doug

Chris Valites

• Capture Integration
Re: H1 w/credo in camera multiple exposure?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 05:56:59 pm »

Hey Doug,

We just keep bumping into each other...

What exactly are you trying to do with the exposure? Multiple exposures, or one combined exposure for a clean shot?

I was forwarded your post by a team member, and Steve also linked me over to the Multiple Shot & Long Exposure box that Kapture Group makes to fill just this purpose. The issue is keeping the back exposing while the shutter itself closes. Basically, you hit the wakeup signal, start exposing, then shoot the camera. You can see it on this page here:

http://www.kapturegroup.com/phase/phase.html#multi

via the page:

The Kapture Group Multi Shot & Long Exposure control unit is designed to allow multiple exposures on a single digital capture and allow you to make long exposures for applications such as digital light painting or multi pop flash shots.

This device is available with the P/IQ series multi-pin or the older H sub-mini connector. It provides the wake up signal and controls the duration of the sync signal to the digital back. This permits the user to layer multiple flash or multiple exposures onto a single digital capture.

Let me know if you're interested!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 06:00:41 pm by Chris Valites »
Chris Valites
Research, Marketing & Support, Capture Integration(e-mail Me)
MFDB: Phase One/Leaf-Mamiya/Hasselblad/Leica/Sinar
TechCam: Alpa/Cambo/Arca Swiss/Sinar
Direct: 716.913.7936

douglevy

• New England Wedding Photographer Doug Levy
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 06:01:41 pm »

Man, I always feel bad about bugging you guys with questions, then you just answer here anyway! I think vs. spending money for one shot for one time for one job, I'd do it on the Nikon to show the client, then reshoot with the Credo and do a final image in post, but it's good to know that's out there. Thanks!

-D

Chris Valites

• Capture Integration
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 06:02:51 pm »

Bug away! That's what we're here for.
Chris Valites
Research, Marketing & Support, Capture Integration(e-mail Me)
MFDB: Phase One/Leaf-Mamiya/Hasselblad/Leica/Sinar
TechCam: Alpa/Cambo/Arca Swiss/Sinar
Direct: 716.913.7936
Pages: [1]   Go Up