Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5yo son and VJ  (Read 6609 times)

sralser

5yo son and VJ
« on: November 18, 2005, 12:45:54 pm »

You may remember how my then 4yo enjoyed the Bangladesh VJ.  He is now repeatedly watching the African Safari (and even at times the workflow section).  He played going on an African photo safari with my wife in the car.  He is definitely enjoying, and learning, from these VJ (or maybe its just because we don't have a TV).
Now I just have to find another cheap camera for him.  We lost his last camera in Australia over the summer.  When you're keeping track of a 5yo, a 9mo, and your own camera gear and baby stuff it can become easy to overlook something.

Steve

kbolin

• http://www.bolinphoto.com
5yo son and VJ
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 03:51:13 pm »

That is awesome that your sone is eager to watch and learn.  My 13yo son constantly amazes me with some of his photos he comes up with.  I must say that I learn how to open my eyes to the world more just simply by watching him endlessly shooting.

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
5yo son and VJ
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 07:34:26 pm »

There was a recent display at the CBC building in Toronto of photographs by young (10 - 12 if I recollect) residents of the red-light district in Calcutta - some amazing work.

sralser

5yo son and VJ
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 12:23:23 pm »

Further adventures with my 5 yo and the VJ.  He'sw started looking at other parts now - including the workflow section in the last 2 issues.  I had photoshop up the other day (I work on my big monitor while he is watching the VJ on my Powerbook screen) - and he said to me that is the crop tool, that is the clone tool.  

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up