Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: H5D-50c Wi-Fi announcement  (Read 14961 times)

NickT

Re: H5D-50c Wi-Fi announcement
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2014, 04:39:20 pm »

I have long been a fan of multi shot. Back in the day (6MP back) the difference between single and 4 shot was huge. Over the years that difference has narrowed considerably but it is still there. For me shooting mostly food there is not enough of a difference to justify multi-shot (plus of course food moves). Were I still shooting whiskey bottles and room sets then I would still be using multi-shot assuming I could find clients who recognise the quality, (not so easy these days).
Nick-T

jerome_m

« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2014, 05:35:49 pm »

Sinar still offer the adapters. I can buy a Sinar back, upgrade my lenses, buy a control unit and forget about the Hasselblad and shoot film on my Contax. I have a db20 for my 6008AF.

Do they? How much do they cost, roughly? I may be interested. I have an Esprit 65 in H mount, I could be interested for another mounting plate.

ynp

• http://
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2014, 02:59:40 am »

Do they? How much do they cost, roughly? I may be interested. I have an Esprit 65 in H mount, I could be interested for another mounting plate.
I have never seen the Esprit. I think they are rare.

I have not checked the prices for a while, but five years ago the adapters were sold for euro 1000-1800, depending on the model.
The older adapters for eMotion and Hasselblad backs demanded the user to shim the back individually. There was a foil stack, and one had to peel off the individual foils to adapt the back to the camera. Later Sinar introduced the solid inserts for different cameras, and it became unnecessary.
 I mentioned that because I had to shim an adapter for my friend, who bought the older adapter online.

Brent Daniels

« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2014, 12:47:11 am »

To Paul Claesson

As the Hasselblad rep here are you going to answer my questions I posted directly to you earlier on the quality of the new Hasselblad CMOS live view?

tjv

« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2014, 05:00:11 am »

I believe Paul stated on another forum – and he may correct me if I'm wrong – that live view is between 10 and 12 frames per second. Reports from Photokina suggest that there was minimal lag evident in beta firmware, although it wasn't as responsive as a modern Canon / Nikon / Phase or Leaf COMS back. All that tried it said it was adequate, but nothing spectacular. I have not seen one in action, so this is just recounting what I've been told.

Quite honestly though, Hasselblad didn't promise in back live view on release and shipment of the H5D-50c or CFV-50c. The only hints I heard if it coming in the form of a possible firmware up was from well connected and trusted users, not anyone from Hasselblad itself. If you ask me, this is a case of under promising and over delivering and Hasselblad should be applauded for that. There are plenty of examples, by them and other companies, of doing the opposite and that never does anyone any favours.

Brent Daniels

« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2014, 09:34:26 am »

My questions to Paul about live view never concerned frame refresh rates or viewing on the digital back screen. I shoot still life in studio and always tethered. Before I worry about how slow my finger moves into a set I need to first be able to see anything on the tethered live view.

The big problem with the present live view on CCD backs is that it basically can only handle a lighting dynamic range of about 3 stops before it starts to freaky blow out. Looks like a bad old polaroid missing image over parts of it. Park a big soft box over a scene it is fine. Flat floro room light it is fine. Copy light a painting  or wall it is fine.  Anything much else and it blows out. A scene with a range of highlight (255s to 253s) to shadow (4s to 0s) on a capture will blow out the video to freaky bad old polaroid look.

Beautiful effective dynamic range with a slow frame refresh rate would be like a slow gif, but usable.  High refresh frame rate and very low dynamic range means blown out view, which is hopelessly unusable.

Theodoros

« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2014, 10:50:31 am »

My questions to Paul about live view never concerned frame refresh rates or viewing on the digital back screen. I shoot still life in studio and always tethered. Before I worry about how slow my finger moves into a set I need to first be able to see anything on the tethered live view.

The big problem with the present live view on CCD backs is that it basically can only handle a lighting dynamic range of about 3 stops before it starts to freaky blow out. Looks like a bad old polaroid missing image over parts of it. Park a big soft box over a scene it is fine. Flat floro room light it is fine. Copy light a painting  or wall it is fine.  Anything much else and it blows out. A scene with a range of highlight (255s to 253s) to shadow (4s to 0s) on a capture will blow out the video to freaky bad old polaroid look.

Beautiful effective dynamic range with a slow frame refresh rate would be like a slow gif, but usable.  High refresh frame rate and very low dynamic range means blown out view, which is hopelessly unusable.

CMOS backs are much better than ccd for LV Brend... Sinar, has developed a system that one can have su-pe-rb LV via a CCD back, (either old or modern), but it requires a P3 and the dedicated accessories to it, as well as a Sinarback fitted (so that the software will respond)... It is a beauty but it is expensive and needs using a back that can't be used untethered... (which makes it even more expensive). My guess is that the new Sony sensor will be years ahead in LV focusing... but I will wait to see Sinar's respond which I suspect will be based on the sensor that the Leica S (007) will be using before I move into solving the matter... For now, I use a Fuji gx680 and do the focusing via the VF (the traditional way). I think that it's too early to rush things and I do believe in long term solutions.... My opinion is (if you DON'T use MS) to use a Sony A7 (instead of an MFDB) on one of the new "compact" view cameras and wait for things to develop... Rushing things has never being a good advisor for pros... One thing is for sure, we are in front of a revolution with LV ability of MFDBs that CMOS brings and if Hasselblad will not fully "open" their system, they won't be able to follow... They have to be advised by photographers in Hasselblad (if they are to survive) so that they can see the whole picture... Marketing boys won't help them, nor the H5X, neither their stupidity of thinking of themselves that they may require from the market to think of them as "by definition the leaders"... In Hasselblad they are well in front of competition (not from Sinar though) in technology as to provide solutions but they only see "PHAMYIA" as the "enemy" that has damaged them... The truth is that "they've damage themselves" while they could have (and still can if they "wake up") "crushed" the competition years ago... Yet, Ebay is full of Hassy H on sale for silly prices (without lenses) from people that replace their 'Blads for Leica "S" and if Sinar will provide a cheep (and capable) MFDB with good LV ability, it's a bye-bye story for both Hassy and Phamyia...

Brent Daniels

« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2014, 01:41:31 pm »

Theodorass I asked my questions specifically to Paul Claesson as he seems to be on here running PR for Hasselblad. As Paul most likely has seen the LV on the new 50c ms, and every other LV in the market he may actually be able to subjectively answer the questions. Have you actually seen the LV on the 50c ms? If not your opinion on the LV of the 50c ms is worthless.

If I wanted more of your opinions on Hasselblad's past business decisions for the tenth time I would ask you. However I did not ask you. Did I? Maybe open your own thread specific to that subject? 

Cheers

Theodoros

« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2014, 02:13:47 pm »

Theodorass I asked my questions specifically to Paul Claesson as he seems to be on here running PR for Hasselblad. As Paul most likely has seen the LV on the new 50c ms, and every other LV in the market he may actually be able to subjectively answer the questions. Have you actually seen the LV on the 50c ms? If not your opinion on the LV of the 50c ms is worthless.

If I wanted more of your opinions on Hasselblad's past business decisions for the tenth time I would ask you. However I did not ask you. Did I? Maybe open your own thread specific to that subject?  

Cheers
1. My name is not Theodorass...   ???
2. I haven't (yet) tried a 50ms myself, but my partner at work uses a fully equipped P3 with 75H back (the system has superb LV) and I did have some info from people that do use equally equipped P3s and H-systems along it, that did try the 50ms on their P3 and say that it is ...close and good enough (same as Paul answered you).  ;D
3. The conversation here is not your own... there are other people (with less aggressive attitude than your stupid arrogance) reading, that can "filter" better than you the provided to them information through the discussions they read...  :'(
4. I don't think that will get an answer from Paul at all... If you are not satisfied from the answers you get in forums, I suggest to go to a dealer and try the 50c yourself... no answer can replace what you consider (if any) as adequate...  :P
5. In forums, one doesn't need your approval to quote you or to reply to you...  :-*

EDIT: ...Or to use your post as a "platform" to develop the conversation further...  ;D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 02:20:16 pm by Theodoros »

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2014, 03:51:15 pm »

Using terms like "Theodorass" & "stupid arrogance" is a quick way to get banned - which you both will be if this continues.

Chris

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2014, 04:01:19 pm »

Hi,

I see Chris's point. Why not calm down and share good information without invectives?

Best regards
Erik

Using terms like "Theodorass" & "stupid arrogance" is a quick way to get banned - which you both will be if this continues.

Chris

Erik Kaffehr

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2014, 04:29:32 pm »

+1. Let's have more light and less heat.
For some reason, every time things get a bit unpredictable here somebody says "shrimp" - it's easy to know how you start but sometimes even the smartest guys end up with ... more :)

Edmund

Hi,

I see Chris's point. Why not calm down and share good information without invectives?

Best regards
Erik

If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up