Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One: Photokina 2014; C1v8, IQ150, Alpa Alliance, P+ Upgrade, Warranty Info  (Read 10225 times)

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com

Re Sony Tethering: Sony and Phase One are now pretty closely in bed for software - Sony has purchased, in bulk, enough C1 licenses for them to include Capture One with many of it's cameras (naturally they didn't pay list price for these many many licenses, but it's still a very significant investment).

I do not have any inside information (we don't sell Sony so this is not an area that I have much interest in), but it doesn't take much imagination to think, having just bought a boat load of licenses for C1, that Sony has a lot of motivation to provide a better SDK such that C1 can then provide more tools like camera control and Live View. Their OSX/Windows SDK so far, only provides for rudimentary access to trigger the capture and transfer the resulting file.

I'm quite sure that if/when Sony provides an SDK that allows such functionality that C1 will be fast to adopt it.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 01:02:02 pm by Doug Peterson »

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas

On the warranty changes. I do find it a bit odd that Phase One will no longer have a "free" 1 year classic included in the cost of the back for the IQ2 backs.  Instead if you want a warranty, you have to purchase the value add at a reduced price.

Any numbers on that reduced price?  in the past it was around 4.5 to 4K.  I base this on my past value add purchases, p45+ 160 and 260.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com

On the warranty changes. I do find it a bit odd that Phase One will no longer have a "free" 1 year classic included in the cost of the back for the IQ2 backs.  Instead if you want a warranty, you have to purchase the value add at a reduced price.

Any numbers on that reduced price?  in the past it was around 4.5 to 4K.  I base this on my past value add purchases, p45+ 160 and 260.

The IQ2 backs now come with a 5-year warranty, with loaner provision, at *no* additional price.

This warranty also covers the body and lenses purchased at the same time.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas

Doug.

Tks. The DT blog stated more attractive price so this is great news. Good to see it.

Paul

« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 01:13:55 pm by Paul2660 »
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up