Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One: Photokina 2014; C1v8, IQ150, Alpa Alliance, P+ Upgrade, Warranty Info  (Read 10221 times)

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com

Capture One v8 - focus on speed and stability, a few great new features, Sony tethering
IQ150 Introduced - an IQ250 without wifi with a lower cost of entry
P+ to IQ2 - aggressive, short term offer, on upgrades from Phase One P+ backs to the IQ2 series.
Alpa and Phase One Strategic Partnership - one indication of how seriously Phase One is taking the broader tech camera market
Warranty News - every IQ2 will now include the 5-year Value Added Warranty with loaner-during-service, including the body and lenses purchased at the same time
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 04:20:42 am by Doug Peterson »

tjv

Re: Phase One: Photokina 2014 News
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 04:16:08 am »

How much is the IQ150?

Doug Peterson

Re: Phase One: Photokina 2014 News
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 04:18:09 am »

How much is the IQ150?

In the US the price is $29,990.

In other countries please contact your local dealer for pricing in your market in your currency.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 04:22:56 am by Doug Peterson »

MrSmith

Sony tethering?  ???  :o 8) :-*
Great news, not that switching between the sony app and C1 is a pain but that's a welcome feature for me, good to see camera/imaging companies looking outward not navel gazing.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram

Doug -

Where is the new P1 body which has been hinted and rehinted? Not for Photokina announcement?
 Will a special version of C1 come with Sony cameras?

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Doug Peterson

Doug -

Where is the new P1 body which has been hinted and rehinted? Not for Photokina announcement?
 Will a special version of C1 come with Sony cameras?

There will not be a new Phase One body announced at Photokina. It is an area of massive investment for Phase One and it will ship when it's ready.

Phase One now have an agreement with sony. A special version of c1 will ship with some sony cameras which only supports Sony cameras.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram

That was direct and informative. Thank you. :)

Edmund

There will not be a new Phase One body announced at Photokina. It is an area of massive investment for Phase One and it will ship when it's ready.

Phase One now have an agreement with sony. A special version of c1 will ship with some sony cameras which only supports Sony cameras.
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

PaulSchneider

Is this a joke? A measly USD 6k for a P65+ back?

Am I misunderstanding something? I completely fail to see the "aggressive" part of this...

torger

Am I misunderstanding something? I completely fail to see the "aggressive" part of this...

I don't have a super-recent update, but I would think that a P65+ in reasonable condition would go for at least $10k in the for sale forum. So I guess it's a better deal to sell privately and then buy new at your dealer, right?

JV

Capture One 8 requires Mac OS X 10.9.x! 10.8.x and earlier is not supported. 10.10 (Yosemite) is not supported at this time.

Interesting.  I guess I will hold off on upgrading then for a while...

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/

Paul - It's an extra $6,000 on top of the normal $21,800 credit for upgrading to an IQ280.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas

Don't be too surprised,  they offered me a total of $14,000 for a IQ260 to upgrade to a IQ250.  The IQ260 was less than 6 month old, had 4 K actuations and a full 5 year value add warranty.  

The past deals I have seen, they were offering 24K to trade in a P45+ for a IQ250 which was also an eye opener.

They either have too many P65+ in stock, or the 6K is on top of a trade in deal.

However not sure what their direction is currently.

If you look at the 29K for a IQ150, (which comes with a 1 year warranty), by the time you add back the 5 year value add, which usually is around 4.5 K, you are really close to the IQ250.  I still could not purchase one of these backs without the value add, just too much risk and 1 year doesn't last that long.

To your question, I would contact your Phase One dealer and see if there is more to the offering.

Paul

Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

torger

Paul - It's an extra $6,000 on top of the normal $21,800 credit for upgrading to an IQ280.

Oh, that's a difference :-)... $27.8k for a P65+, you won't get that on the private market for sure...

narikin

Pretty unexciting announcements, when you go behind the headlines. 
Nothing really *new* there at all. 

Where's the 100Mp back? the new Camera System? the IQ3 series with EVF out?
All very tepid stuff served up as hot products.

torger

Where's the 100Mp back? the new Camera System? the IQ3 series with EVF out?
All very tepid stuff served up as hot products.

Expecting them to deliver a new back with new sensor technology so soon after IQ2 series is a bit tough, isn't it? Historically it's about 3 years between major upgrades, so I wouldn't expect a new breakthrough back until 2016-2017.

Concerning a new camera body it's different... but I think Phase One has strategically chosen to focus on being on top concerning digital backs, as it's more profitable. Hasselblad is the other way around (on top concerning body, but a bit after concerning backs) which is not as profitable.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas

With tethering support for Sony now coming, I think it's possible to see one direction that Phase One is going for the "new body".  Sony the one and only.  I just can't see Phase One building a new body from the ground up, making the actual physical components, etc.  They have always worked with an existing brand, currently Mamiya. 

Sony seems poised to release a MF RX1, did not hit yet, but I can see a lot of that going into the "new" Phase One" body, just have to figure out the mount, if Sony has the rest done. EVF 50MP, tilting screen, peaking, etc.

Can't complain, Sony makes good stuff. 

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

PdF

Does PhaseOne eat Alpa, as before with Mamiya and Leaf?

PdF
PdF

Kevin Sink

• Kevin Sink Photography

What about going from a P65 to an IQ260?
Kevin

Kevin Sink Photography

mark_au

Phase One Alpa   "A-series camera system".  see press release

http://www.alpa.ch/en/news/2014/fine-art-camera-system-alliance.html?year=2014&num=1

MrSmith

So there is a capture one express sony version (free to some sony camera owners) and capture one pro (sony)
So are there 2 different versions of capture one pro? The sony version having different profiles?
I own and use C1 and will upgrade to 8 but reading this looks like there are different versions
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up