Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linhof Photokina 2014?  (Read 1725 times)

torger

Linhof Photokina 2014?
« on: September 16, 2014, 04:00:08 am »

Linhof has like the worst internet presence, but as a Linhof owner I'm still curious if they present any new products at Photokina 2014. Anyone that knows?

I guess we want to see things like a focal plane shutter unit just as Arca-Swiss and Alpa already got. When it comes to electronic components Linhof does not have much of a track record though so I don't have much hopes for that yet, but I think they will have to provide one sooner or later to maintain their position.

tjv

Re: Linhof Photokina 2014?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 04:10:35 am »

Paula from Linhof Studio is there now, I guess we'll see updates from her before Linhof themselves. I'm watching with eager eyes too!

tjv

torger

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 11:23:27 am »

Thanks for the link, already reloaded it a few times, still empty :-)

buckshot

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 11:52:27 am »

Since the electrical connections from the A/S shutter unit to the control box appear to all be handled via cabling / WiFi, I'd imagine it would be relatively simple to fabricate a mechanical adapter to fit (e.g.) the Techno. Deeper recessed boards may be required for (some) WAs, but that's about it; bellows focusing is a real advantage when lens/sensor distance is displaced this way - no adapters, new mounts etc.

torger

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 08:28:07 am »

Oh, here's the photokina 2014, press release

http://www.linhof.de/download_e/Linhof_Press_Release-engl-2014.pdf

Just some minor things, ie no focal plane shutter. I note:

- fast wind lever for rear rise/fall on the Techno - I might get that one, I've always thought it's a bit slow to turn the knob as is.
- the bright ground glass (released last year) can now be had also with 44x33mm scoring
- stitching slide for live view backs, ie like the sliding back with two fixed side positions for stitching, but no ground glass (so it's small).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 08:41:57 am by torger »

torger

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 08:40:04 am »

What I'd like them to do with the Techno is to 1) modify front standard and increase front shift range to +/- 20mm (it's +/-10mm today) so you don't really need the slide shift (except for stitching), 2) drop the infinity stop concept (only makes sense for film!) and just have a very secure front and rear fastening position on the rail, 3) make a low profile focal plane shutter unit, should work at least down to the SK35mm if done right.
Pages: [1]   Go Up