Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Arca Swiss Photokina 2014: dEx, FP, CS, DM  (Read 17701 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Arca Swiss Photokina 2014: dEx, FP, CS, DM
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2014, 08:10:17 pm »

Chris.

That is what I hope to do. Still use the Copol for aperture.  But it seems that the lenses that will be used with the FPS need a new lens tube to allow for infinity focus. Otherwise I guess with the standard mount the flange focal distance is too far away for infinity.   Need some pictures of all this.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Chris Barrett

• www.christopherbarrett.net
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2014, 08:22:54 pm »

Ahhh... I was thinking that maybe by removing the "Rotaslide Spacer" we could equalize that distance.  Hmm.

Rod.Klukas

• http://www.rodklukas.com
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2014, 12:52:37 am »

When the FPS shutter is employed, Rotamount and Rotaslide are not useable. Sorry.
But it is useable on any 6x9 camera we own or larger when 110 adapter boards are used on a larger camera, at the back.
32mm is shortest lens.
Rod
Rod Klukas
US Representative Arca-Swiss

Rod.Klukas

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2014, 01:01:22 am »

Yes, there is a new 'normal' mounting required.
You will send your lens to me for measurement and another check.  I will do this and return the lenses to customer for use as is.  We will then produce a custom, for your lens, mounting tube, for use with the FPS shutter.
When not employing the FPS shutter, you would switch back to the original tube.
The FPS mounting tube will cost $350.00 for each lens, approximately. 

32mm is widest lens for the FPS.

An initial setup is the shutter, MPU(Power unit and Processor), and RCU(REmote control unit).

The RCU and MPU can control both the FPS or the Central or Leaf shutter for the lens.

Hope this clarifies some questions.
Rod
Rod Klukas

torger

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2014, 02:54:34 am »

Just to clarify what the focal plane shutter will support, I assume widest lens 32mm means Rodenstock Digaron-W 32mm? But anyway to be really clear, have you a list of the tech wides you know work and which don't? How large the rear element is can differ a bit so it's not only about being retrofocus or not so it's not to easy to figure out which lenses that work and not.

My guess is that Digaron-S 35mm works, but not 28 and 23. I guess Schneider Digitar 35mm might work (not so sure, symmetrical, but smaller rear element than the Digaron 32), but not the Digitar 28mm.

Rod.Klukas

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2014, 02:05:27 pm »

Basically anything 32mm and longer should work including the 35mm Schneider XL.
But no 28mm currently made.
Rod
Rod Klukas

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2014, 07:21:37 am »

Just heard from Rod Klukas, US Arca rep. The FPS on the R camera does not have a 32mm limit as the widest lens. So you can use the 23 and 28mm Rodenstocks on the R cameras with a FPS.

The 32mm limit applies to the Universalis camera or a DSLR2 (M2)camera setup.

This is great news.   Each lens that you want to use on a R camera with the FPS will still need the new style lens tube.

Paul

Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

Enda Cavanagh

• http://www.endacavanagh.com
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2014, 09:03:18 am »

Rod
The 28mm Schneider doesn't come with a ring. Will it work with the FPS (and without the addition of the new ring)

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2014, 12:09:23 pm »

Rod
The 28mm Schneider doesn't come with a ring. Will it work with the FPS (and without the addition of the new ring)

The Schneider 24mm and Schneider 28 will not work with the FPS (assuming you want to focus at infinity). Schneider 35XL and up and Rodenstock 23HR and up will all work, including at infinity (with a new ring).

Doug Peterson

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2014, 12:54:06 pm »

Teaser...

Writing up now...

Theodoros

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2014, 01:17:58 pm »

One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet... What is the size of the FPS? Can it cover the full 6x4.5 image area? ...and what its flash sync speed is?

Doug Peterson

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2014, 01:24:55 pm »

Ahhh... I was thinking that maybe by removing the "Rotaslide Spacer" we could equalize that distance.  Hmm.

Everything was done to make the FP as small as possible. But they could not get it down to the size of the Rotaslide Spacer/Ring. It's close, but not quite.

So a $350 ring, made specifically for your lens, is required.

Doug Peterson

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2014, 01:41:13 pm »

One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet... What is the size of the FPS? Can it cover the full 6x4.5 image area? ...and what its flash sync speed is?

Yes, full coverage of full frame backs like the Credo 60, IQ160, IQ280 etc etc.

Flash sync will be around 1/100th-1/125th. If you need faster flash sync then you'd want the Central Shutter system which syncs at 1/250th. If you need very high sync speed you can switch to a DF+ body for flash sync up to 1/1600.

Rod.Klukas

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2014, 04:54:02 pm »

With Universalis camera, 32mm and longer are the lens that work.

But on the R series cameras, you can go down to 23mm with Rodenstock.  Sorry no Schneider below the 35mm.

Hope this clarifies.
Rod
Rod Klukas

lance_schad

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2014, 06:39:26 pm »

Here is the US pricing that we have received for the Arca_Swiss dEx system.

Arca-Swiss dEx   
MPU : Microprocessor unit for Dex shutters and accessories       $1,400.00
RC :  Remote control for Dex and MPU                                    $1,120.00
CS :   Central Leaf shutter (requires MPU and RC)                        $1,680.00
FS :  Focal Plane shutter                                                              $2,940.00
AC : Aperture Control for lenses with FPS                                     $980.00
DC: Aperture control for Canon lenses R body                            $1,330.00
DM : Cloud wireless device (Requires MPU and RC units)               $1,540.00
FC : Focus control 'wagon' (Requires MPU and RC units)            $910.00
Upgrade R-Lime lenses 23-80mm for FPS                                 $490.00
Upgrade R-Line lenses 90-120mm for FPS                                 $630.00

Please feel free to contact me with additional questions regarding configuring the components to add to your Arca system.

Lance email
LANCE SCHAD - DIGITAL TRANSITIONS

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2014, 06:54:41 pm »

Lance, hope you can answer some questions,  thanks

The upgrade for R lenses @$490.00, is this a cost of shipping the lens to Arca? As the price that has been quoted for the actual new tube is $350.00 per tube. I realize each lens has to be measures etc. but that can be done hopefully locally by an Arca rep. or Authorized dealer?

Is the increase in price on 90 and above due to the fact that a different back extension part also has to be used?, I refer to the back extension pieces that come with a 90mm HR-SW, 105mm Rod, 120 Schneider, etc. each is a bit different in width.

Can the shutter be used with only the MPU, or do you have to also have the Wireless piece. I assume if the MPU is only used, the photographer has to stand close to the camera as with a copol?

Aperture Control for lenses with FPS (?) I assumed you could still use the Copol in the lens for aperture?

What is the connection to the Back, i.e. with a Copol, you have the cable that runs from the shutter to the back. What runs from the FP to the Back and does it have to be wireless or can there be a hard connection as with a Copol.

Thanks
Paul
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

lance_schad

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2014, 08:22:39 pm »

I'll try and answer what I can. Doug will be back in office tomorrow and he is going to fill us all in on his actual experience with the new Arca-Swiss products.

The upgrade for R lenses @$490.00, is this a cost of shipping the lens to Arca? As the price that has been quoted for the actual new tube is $350.00 per tube. I realize each lens has to be measures etc. but that can be done hopefully locally by an Arca rep. or Authorized dealer?

When we have remounted lenses to the R-Bayonet the customer would be responsible for the shipping to DT (whatever method they prefer) and we would take care of forwarding them for the modification and we would ship back to customer via UPS ground at no additional charge. Also the original price that was floating around of $350 , was actually Euros and not converted to US currency.

Is the increase in price on 90 and above due to the fact that a different back extension part also has to be used?, I refer to the back extension pieces that come with a 90mm HR-SW, 105mm Rod, 120 Schneider, etc. each is a bit different in width.
I believe they changed the rate on the new 90mm HR-SW since it requires the rear spacer like the longer lenses. If you want an older 90mm remounted it would be the lower cost.

Can the shutter be used with only the MPU, or do you have to also have the Wireless piece. I assume if the MPU is only used, the photographer has to stand close to the camera as with a copol?

MPU is what the components are connected to , it is the central processing unit and it is controlled wirelessly from the RC - Remote Control.
Aperture Control for lenses with FPS (?) I assumed you could still use the Copol in the lens for aperture?

I believe they are referencing the electronic aperture of Canon/Nikon Lenses

What is the connection to the Back, i.e. with a Copol, you have the cable that runs from the shutter to the back. What runs from the FP to the Back and does it have to be wireless or can there be a hard connection as with a Copol. [/i]

I'll let Doug answer this one from his hands on experience.

Lance
LANCE SCHAD - DIGITAL TRANSITIONS

alatreille

• Between the Buildings
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2014, 09:42:50 pm »

As someone that is reviewing an RM3di purchase in the near future, I'd really like to see what an RM looks like with all of this attached?

I sort of have the feeling that that it'd going to be like lugging a digital recording studio around...lots of cables etc to forget.

Looking forward to more news as this feels like an exciting step.
Architectural Photographer
http://www.andrewlatreille.com

Rod.Klukas

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2014, 01:22:52 am »

Will try to get an image today.
Rod
Rod Klukas

Doug Peterson

Re: Arca Swiss Photokina 2014: dEx, FP, CS, DM, Universalis
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2014, 01:31:30 pm »

I've updated our article to include the Arca Swiss Universalis and Arca Swiss rail attachment.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up