Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RAW Files from 5D  (Read 3386 times)

coolphoto

RAW Files from 5D
« on: November 17, 2005, 08:25:26 pm »

I can copy RAW files taken with the 5D from the flash card to my computer, but I can not delete them. Somehow windows provied the error message that the file is in use by another program. I have no other programs running. Files from the 20D do not have this problem.

Does anyone have any suggestion what is causing this?

Thanks,

Walter
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 10:18:59 pm by coolphoto »

jani

• Øyet
RAW Files from 5D
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 04:21:04 am »

I can copy RAW files taken with the 5D from the flash card to my computer, but I can not delete them. Somehow windows provied the error message that the file is in use by another program. I have no other programs running. Files from the 20D do not have this problem.

Most likely the program used for copying the files isn't finished with them. If you're doing your transfers via a USB cable from the camera, it may be a bug with the Canon WIA driver for the 5D.

I always copy files via a CF card reader, and I can't say that I've run into the issue when moving files around (Windows imposes the same restrictions on moving files as on deleting in this regard), even with RAW files taken with a 5D.
Jan

alanrew

• http://
RAW Files from 5D
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 01:06:41 pm »

Thanks,

Walter
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=51570\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

See my answer to your same question on the RobGalbraith forum...

Regards

Alan

coolphoto

RAW Files from 5D
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 02:22:19 pm »

I just found that the problem is likely caused by a bug in the Microsoft RAW files viewer, as it does not properly removes the file lock of tiff files. There is a work around that can be found at:

My Webpage

I have the Microsoft product on my computer and I will try the work around.

Walter
Pages: [1]   Go Up