Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Having problem Installing NIK Software  (Read 1781 times)

rollsman44

Having problem Installing NIK Software
« on: September 12, 2014, 11:13:11 pm »

I just purchased the NIk Complete Collection and downloaded it to my Mac. Went into Download folder and tried to open it and install it but the message that kept appearing after so many attempts is:
  No Mountable File System and The following Disk Images could Not be opened.  I called NIK and they had me try so many different things and still can't do it. They sent me another download and NO good
   Apple said there must be a problem with the NIK software.  Any Help would be appreciated.  Thank you

howardm

Re: Having problem Installing NIK Software
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 10:02:21 am »

well, what did NIK have you do?  for whatever reason, when you download, it's incomplete or corrupted.  do you have another computer you can try the download with?

rollsman44

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 07:29:09 am »

I can try my wifes computer She has a PC

howardm

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 07:38:14 am »

that may or may not work.  if you do try it, download the Mac .dmg and put it on a USB memory stick that is formatted for FAT or NTFS; then insert it into the Mac.

laughingbear

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 04:49:56 am »

First thing is to check whether the file is in a "read only" state. Get Info on the DMG and see what it says.

Also, you could try this here:

To repair a disk image:

Create a copy of the disk image by selecting it in the Finder and choosing File > Duplicate.

Open Disk Utility, in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder.

Drag the duplicate disk image from the Finder to the list on the left side of the Disk Utility window.

Select the disk image in the list at left, and then click First Aid.

Click Repair Disk.

If the Repair Disk button is unavailable, the disk image may be read-only. Choose Images > Convert, enter a new name, and then choose “read/write” from the Image Format pop-up menu. Then repeat steps 3-5 with the converted disk image.

If Disk Utility can’t repair the disk image, you need to get another copy of the image.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 04:54:39 am by laughingbear »
Pages: [1]   Go Up