Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with switching from Epson to HP  (Read 763 times)

randal21

Help with switching from Epson to HP
« on: September 12, 2014, 01:13:17 pm »

Due to my Epson 7900 needing a new head because yellow is clogged I moved on to a used HP Designjet Z3100. I am still trying to get a print much less have it match my proofs from my Epson 7900. I can't get by a message as attached. HP doesn't seem to have a live support line. Any Z series guru's out there? Or is anyone interested in a used Z3100?

Ian99

Re: Help with switching from Epson to HP
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 02:57:30 pm »

Randal,

Firstly I have responded via PM regarding profiles however it looks like you are not ready to use a profile yet.

2.   You need a service manual and the best place to get it is http://z3100users.wikispaces.com/Maintenance+Tips

Nic Braithwaite shows 6 RAR files, all of which need to be downloaded. Run the first one and all 6 get concatenated into the official manual. You will use it often.

3.   Are you able to scroll through the control panel or are you stuck at that screen??

4.   Obviously it is expecting a new roll of paper, are you trying to load a sheet or have you tried loading a sheet or roll and it does not recognize anything having been loaded.

Please tell us what steps you have gone through and what were the results.

Ernst Dinkla

Re: Help with switching from Epson to HP
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 04:09:27 am »

If there is still a job in the pipeline requesting roll media you get that request if a sheet has been loaded on the printer.

The other possibility is that the switch in the media insert slit at the back of the machine is not functioning properly, probably stuck in one position. On your back on the floor at the rear of the printer looking upwards you see a small connector at the right side. Disconnect it. Then from the rear unscrew the 4 screws of the panel that is directly behind the media feed spindle (remove spindle though). Take of that panel/cover and check the switch, it should stand up but can move forward and backward. Clean it when it does not do that, check its function on the wire signals.

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
April 2014, 600+ inkjet media white spectral plots.
Pages: [1]   Go Up