Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3100 troubles  (Read 2553 times)

Mike Sellers

• Mike Sellers Photography
HP Z3100 troubles
« on: September 12, 2014, 11:04:09 am »

I don`t have the original DVD for my printer so downloaded the drivers and HP Utility. I went thru the control panel and sent a test page which printed just fine. Doesn`t this mean the drivers have been installed properly? However,when I start up the HP Utility it says printer not found or something. Why would it print fine thru the control panel but hang up in the HP Utility program? Running Win 8.1.
Mike

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
Re: HP Z3100 troubles
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 08:28:22 pm »

Try first, restarting printer and computer.

Second, try upgrading printer drivers, etc.

Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com

randal21

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 08:31:54 pm »

How do I get by a message on the display that says to load the roll paper for the next job. I have my sheet paper loaded and no job in waiting. Also, how do I find out what is the latest firmware for Mac and how do I interpret the diagnostic sheets?  Thanks so much as I move from Epson to HP and want it to not be so damn painful.

Mike Sellers

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 08:56:58 pm »

When I download the drivers it goes like this- unzip to folder\app data\local\temp
should it be unzipped to a diffetrent folder?

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 03:57:37 am »

Did you manually add the IP address of the printer to the driver's port choices? You can see that address in the printer's panel.

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
April 2014, 600+ inkjet media white spectral plots.

Mike Sellers

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 06:52:50 am »

Ernst,
Do I need to do that if I am using USB to connect?
Mike

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 07:49:24 am »

No, not for a USB connection. I wonder whether USB allows Print Utility to work though. Why not go for a network connection?

--

zippski

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 08:00:54 am »

Yes- the printer utility works fine with a USB connection.   Vey occasionally, I have had issues with a printer utility upgrade and have had to uninstall and reinstall the older version.  The printer utility works well.   However, not seeing the job waiting on the panel concerns me - I suspect there is still a driver issue not a PU issue....

Leigh
zippski

Robert Ardill

• Images of Ireland
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 10:53:25 am »

Yes- the printer utility works fine with a USB connection.   Vey occasionally, I have had issues with a printer utility upgrade and have had to uninstall and reinstall the older version.  The printer utility works well.   However, not seeing the job waiting on the panel concerns me - I suspect there is still a driver issue not a PU issue....

Leigh
zippski

I had a problem with the Printer Utility also.  Running from my PC over ethernet I could get information about ink levels etc., but I was unable to do anything on the paper presets/color management side of things (printer unavailable message).  Same problem with the USB connection.

I was able to use the full functionality of the PU over USB from my laptop ... and then had to copy over the paper settings to my PC from the registry, which was a pain needless to say.

Now the PU is working fine on my PC over ethernet.  It's the same PU (v 1.14.2.1), same printer driver (DriverVer=06/03/2010,61.101.366.41).  I'm not sure what has changed since it started working, but one thing I did recently was to uninstall the printer and reinstall it. However I had done this before with no luck.

I also tried pretty much everything I could think of, disabling firewalls, direct connection PC to printer etc., etc., but to no avail.  It may be working now because of a Windows update ... or something.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on both PC and laptop.

Robert
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

Geraldo Garcia

• Personal blog
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2014, 01:35:56 pm »

Now the PU is working fine on my PC over ethernet.  It's the same PU (v 1.14.2.1), same printer driver (DriverVer=06/03/2010,61.101.366.41).  I'm not sure what has changed since it started working, but one thing I did recently was to uninstall the printer and reinstall it. However I had done this before with no luck.

Robert,

I am quite sure it was your version of the Internet Explorer. Yeah... Hard to believe it, right?
The P.U. uses the Internet Explorer interface and had a few incompatibilities with some versions. I had the same problem and was only able to run the print utility from an old laptop. After I upgraded to the next I.E. version the problem disappeared.

tektrader

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2014, 07:08:03 pm »

I have to reinstall the printer driver almost every time I use the printer. I have got into the habit now and don't think about it. I only print about every other week and during that time something weird definitely happens. I reinstall the same driver hp Z3100 driver list from the Windows add printer list and off it goes. Then delete the old driver.

I am using the ethernet port and also win7 64bit

Mike Sellers

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2014, 10:41:29 am »

I dragged out my Win XP computer and the drivers and HP Utility installed just fine. I was making profiles in no time. Then I tried the Win 8 computer again and its a no go.Seems like if I can make a test image thru the Control panel then the drivers are installed ok. It is the HP Utility that won`t install. There is an endless loop of "Please wait while windows configures HP Utility-gathering required information". I have let this run for 15 minutes then have to cancel out of it. Anyone else having problems with Win 8?

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2014, 11:33:13 am »

You could try Windows 7 + for Printer Utility the XP mode still possible in that OS. Here I use Vista and Printer Utility's Color Center is not always keeping the connection to the Z3100 or Z3200. Restart of a printer can help though. The optional HP APS profile creator does better however so I use that most of the time.

--

deanwork

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2014, 02:53:46 pm »

I'm on Windows 7 64 bit and was having all kinds of driver lag problems on the Z3100, taking forever to send the data to the printer.

So, I uninstalled everything, went to the website and downloaded and installed all new driver, print utility, and firmware and now it all works perfectly. It must have been some kind of Windows update that messed me up before. I'm using a usb connection.

john

Mike Sellers

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2014, 04:46:28 pm »

John,
What firmware are you using on your 3100? Mine is TR-12-TR12PS_7.0.0.3 OS TR_2.1.2

deanwork

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2014, 07:24:54 pm »

Just looked, my firmware is 7.0.0.3

Pages: [1]   Go Up