Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Full Moon Mist  (Read 10702 times)

michael

Full Moon Mist
« on: September 10, 2014, 05:55:50 pm »

This topic is for discussion of the image and commentary found in Michael's Phlog titled Full Moon Mist.

paulbk

Re: Full Moon Mist
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 07:59:22 pm »

Full Moon Mist is a master piece in landscape photography. Not over done in post. (The older I get, the more I find less is more.) Framing, tone, and light-touch contrast leads the eye to explore all its mysteries. If you spent two weeks scouting the location and planning the shot, it would add nothing. Good eye.

If you went back to bed and not taken the shot it would have haunted you knowing that with each passing moment the planet is spinning the moon over the horizon. And Full Moon Mist would be a shot of traffic light.
paul b.k.
New England, USA

Rand47

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 08:30:32 pm »

Michael,

Beautiful... glad the muse won!  Somewhere, there is a book waiting for this image to be its cover! 

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

John Hue

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 02:24:11 pm »

This is simply beautiful, I'd really like to see a 2 megapixel version of it just to be able to appreciate the details we don't see on the stamp visible on the web page.

I guess some would say there is a part of chance in that kind of shot... well for the car, I guess they'd be right but what I keep from all this is that you have to be always "aware" and curious and you must always be looking for something special everywhere you go, and that is a quality I hope to acquire.

Werner Kurt Illenberger

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 03:07:28 pm »

hi, Michael,

i think that you take amazing and fantastic photos of virtually any subject.

however, i have looked at the Full Moon Mist photo long and hard. if i hadn't been informed that there are traffic lights and a car's headlamps in the photo, i would never have worked it out. maybe it's a law-abiding UFO?

i personally don't think the traffic lights and headlamps add to photo. i would have photo-shopped them out if that were the only pic i had taken of that scene, and i wanted to use the image.

Werner

michael

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 05:18:57 pm »

i personally don't think the traffic lights and headlamps add to photo. i would have photo-shopped them out if that were the only pic i had taken of that scene, and i wanted to use the image.

Werner

They are the photo.

Michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up