Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mylio  (Read 4317 times)

Harald L

Mylio
« on: September 10, 2014, 03:39:27 pm »

I remember a video of two Microsoft guys who are working on the next thing in photography. The video suddenly disappeared without any notice. Now we read about Mylio. Are there any relationships between those two articles?

Harald
Glad to be an amateur

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
Re: Mylio
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 04:35:39 pm »

Yes.   The video was removed by Michael because of audio issues.  We haven't re-posted it as we will be updating it with further interviews when they release their product in the near future.  They asked us if we could get some beta testers.  It took only a few hours to get 100 testers signed up.  We have been watching Mylio closely.  Stay tuned for more.

Kevin Raber
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 10:49:48 pm »

What is this mysterious Mylio about?

Cheers,
Bernard

dreed

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 11:34:39 pm »

Does it have a website?

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 11:53:29 pm »

GOOGLE IT!

It's a bunch of clever guys doing some clever things for photographers. 

Kevin
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

dreed

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 01:20:54 am »

GOOGLE IT!

It's a bunch of clever guys doing some clever things for photographers. 

For whatever reason, their website (if it is www.mylio.com) is not allowed by our corporate firewall/proxy policies. If it is something else .... but Googling it gives me lots of 'photography bites' and not a whole lot of meaningful content.

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 01:44:32 am »

For whatever reason, their website (if it is www.mylio.com) is not allowed by our corporate firewall/proxy policies. If it is something else .... but Googling it gives me lots of 'photography bites' and not a whole lot of meaningful content.

Same here. Viewing their site on the iPhone didn't reveal any concrete meat though.

Cheers,
Bernard

michael

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 02:18:37 am »

They are at a stage where they don't want to the world to know too much about specifics yet.

Michael

Harald L

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 02:56:37 am »

I'm into the beta-tester program and the Mylio guys wanted me to like them on the usual social media platforms. So I don't believe that they are angry that I share my first experiences here:

I've installed Mylio on my MacBook, my Home-PC, my iPhone and my iPad.

So far Mylio created a directory on each device where you can import, organize and your pictures into. You may add the camera roll of your mobile devices too. After you signed in into your Mylio-Account Mylio synchronizes the pictures across all your devices. Furthermore you can make some basic edits on the pictures in a non-destructive way.

That's it.

At a first glance it is handy to me because I've been searching for a sleek tool to synchronize a subset of my pictures to have them onto my iPhone or iPad. This works without any problems so far. Unfortunately Mylio doesn't support my Fuji-Raw-Files yet so I'm limited to JPEG. (Hey Mylio-Guys: Are you going to support Fuji in the future?)

Furthermore Mylio has interfaces to flickr, Facebook and Mail which I haven't tried so far.

The user interface looks quite tidy and meets my expectation so I was able to work with Mylio at once.

So far my first "unboxing" thoughts.

Harald
Glad to be an amateur

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 04:17:40 am »

Sounds very similar to what I have been doing with Dropbox for years. ;)

Cheers,
Bernard

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 05:27:11 am »

Hello,

It looks as if Mylio does a pretty similar job as Lightroom mobile. As far as I know, all the mentioned tasks can also be done with Lightroom mobile.

Robert
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 06:47:01 am »

It is not like LR Mobile, as you don't have to work off of  sync folder. 

I have made it very clear that Fuji files need to be supported.  They got the message.

Mylio allows tagging or people and places as well as easy sharing.  Plus a bunch of other neat things.  Also has good filtering based on ratings and color tags.  That's where some of the fun comes in.

Like you I am testing it and I'll give it a real try on my trip to Photokina next week and the UK the week after that.

Kevin Raber

Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

dreed

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 02:14:30 pm »

After having submitted my email address on their website as being "interested" back on the day this story was published, I received an email today with a download URL for it...

dreed

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2014, 08:21:34 am »

After having submitted my email address on their website as being "interested" back on the day this story was published, I received an email today with a download URL for it...

For me, the install lasted less than 5 minutes before I uninstalled.

Why do I need to sign in with an email address to manage photos on my computer?

Maybe I'm missing something ... like this is meant to be a cloud based photo app? Cloud ain't for me ... I didn't even "Sign up".

Alun

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2014, 06:09:51 pm »

I've had a quick play with Mylio - hard to see what its USP is? Five years too late maybe....

dreed

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2014, 09:31:58 pm »

Today Mylio sent out an email...
------------------------------

Hello. You recently signed up on mylio.com to get early access to our software. We have three pieces of great news:
1) Mylio is ready for a pre-release preview.   
2) You’re In! You get exclusive access to the preview.
3) You get to use Mylio for 6 months free  – and we want your input to help make Mylio even better.

Mylio is a next generation photo management system that:

* Will automatically manage and protect your photo library across computers, external hard drives, network storage devices and the cloud
* Is designed to handle libraries with up to 250,000 photos without slowing you, your device or your network down
* Works on Windows devices, Macs, iPads and iPhones (iPhone 5)
* Lets you edit both .jpeg and RAW images
* Works with your Lightroom or Photoshop workflow

Here’s what you need to do to begin using Mylio:

1. Download and install Mylio to use on your desktop computer and iOS devices.

2. Create an account - open Mylio and click Sign up then enter your email address and create a password. This will let us know you're ready to activate your account.

3. Within 24 hours, you’ll receive an email from Mylio asking you to activate your account (see example below). Finish the activation by clicking the link in the email. On the subsequent web page, select the 6 months Free Mylio subscription.
Pages: [1]   Go Up