Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 7890 won't switch from photo black to matte black  (Read 1688 times)

darlingm

• Westland Printworks
Epson 7890 won't switch from photo black to matte black
« on: September 09, 2014, 02:32:45 pm »

Just set up an Epson 7890 for a client.

Initial ink charging loaded photo black ink.  If we try to switch to matte black ink on the panel, it "finishes" in 2 seconds, goes back to saying ready, and remains on photo black ink.

If we print through the driver using matte black ink to make it switch a different way, it does the same thing, still shows photo black ink, then proceeds to make the print using photo black ink on the matte paper!

Anyone seen this before?  Think we're going to need an Epson service call... It is brand new, so of course under warranty.
Mike • Westland Printworks
Fine Art Printing • Amazing Artwork Reproduction • Photography
http://www.westlandprintworks.com • (734) 255-9761

JeanMichel

Re: Epson 7890 won't switch from photo black to matte black
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 03:29:17 pm »

Hi,
I have a 7890. You write that you did an initial charge up with PK. Did you install the MK cartridge? Both cartridges need to be in in order to be able to switch between PK and MK.
Jean-Michel

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 03:50:26 pm »

Switching MK to PK or back in the driver, I don't believe does anything to the printer. But I have always done mine from the LCD on the printer.  However as you point out doing the switch from the LCD should take about 2 minutes or so.

Is the MK installed  and showing on the LCD?  Also try powering off, pull the MK cart, then power on.  It should error out asking for a MK cart.  Pop the cart in and see if you can then do the switch.  Lastly, try making the switch in MA mode.

Once Decision One comes on site, let us know the fix.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

jferrari

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 08:08:22 pm »

After initial ink charge, power down then power up again and try to switch inks from the LCD. What kind of paper did you tell the printer (from the LCD screen) you have installed?    - Jim
Nothing changes until something changes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up