Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad's only multishot product is now CMOS.  (Read 4546 times)

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Re: Hasselblad's only multishot product is now CMOS.
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2014, 08:01:49 pm »

How can they have a product that they have much to complain about?  ??? I did't notice any to complain about the H5x... Can you upgrade to an H5x by the way?  :-[
What about keeping your back and buy an H5? ...can you do that and save a fortune? ...I don't see H3Dii S/H prices up to what they would be for the same camera's quality, if it was a system that one can upgrade parts off...  ;)
Mate, most people on forums are complaining about something. Go around this one and look at those complaining about say Epson printers. They still probably sell the most professional printers. Who else is complaining about the H5X, is has only just been announced I think? As I indicated, H3DII was much better integrated than the Phase back and I didn't have to carry two sets of batteries (and the Phase seriously ate batteries).

Actually I bought my H3D with back for less than the price of a Canon 5D3 body only (had 5D2), so it was no comparison. If you look at the price of a top of the range Canon or Nikon and add a decent lens then you are well into 5 figures for a 35mm camera.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

Paul_Claesson_HasselbladUS

• http://www.hasselbladusa.com
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2014, 08:55:26 am »

Nope! ....H3/H3Dii & H4 users, are the only ones that don't have a back up body nor they can upgrade to one.
Hasselblad users with an H3D/H3DII/H4D did have the opportunity to purchase a spare body when these digital systems were current and Hasselblad could calibrate the existing HxD digital magazine and spare HxD body for UltraFocus.
Hasselblad Bron Inc. is able to perform the Ultrafocus calibration for the H5x and H5D digital magazine in the US.

Paul Claesson
Technical Support Manager
Hasselblad Hasselblad Bron Inc.
support@hasselbladbron.com or
pclaesson@hasselbladbron.com
800-367-6434 x303

The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of Hasselblad.

Paul_Claesson_HasselbladUS

• http://www.hasselbladusa.com
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2014, 08:56:24 am »

Quentin, Thank you. ;D
Paul Claesson
Technical Support Manager
Hasselblad Hasselblad Bron Inc.
support@hasselbladbron.com or
pclaesson@hasselbladbron.com
800-367-6434 x303

The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of Hasselblad.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Theodoros

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2014, 10:32:16 am »

Mate, most people on forums are complaining about something. Go around this one and look at those complaining about say Epson printers. They still probably sell the most professional printers. Who else is complaining about the H5X, is has only just been announced I think? As I indicated, H3DII was much better integrated than the Phase back and I didn't have to carry two sets of batteries (and the Phase seriously ate batteries).

I also wonder... "who is complaing about the H5X"? ...and additionally was wondering, "who ever reeds the conversation"? ...certainly not you!  :P

Actually I bought my H3D with back for less than the price of a Canon 5D3 body only (had 5D2), so it was no comparison. If you look at the price of a top of the range Canon or Nikon and add a decent ens then you are well into 5 figures for a 35mm camera.
Good for you! ...if it was a P1 or a Contax or an H5X (if it existed -which it could- at those days) you would have paid (at least) three times more... Do you think that the man who purchased it new was happy?  ;D ...you've just confessed I'm right!  :P

PS-Suggestion:... Read before entering a conversation and say nonsense!

Theodoros

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2014, 11:13:02 am »

Hasselblad users with an H3D/H3DII/H4D did have the opportunity to purchase a spare body when these digital systems were current and Hasselblad could calibrate the existing HxD digital magazine and spare HxD body for UltraFocus.
Hasselblad Bron Inc. is able to perform the Ultrafocus calibration for the H5x and H5D digital magazine in the US.

So... "did have the opportunity" is an an excuse for Hassy not to provide them a "future"? ...Is that what was they are expecting when they first choose the product? ...Did Hasselblad warned them that "they'll be left in the desert" in the future? What if one couldn't afford a "spare body" in order to buy a Hassy? ...what if he had it planned for today?  One thing is for sure... the "marketing boys of crap" that have forced Hasselblad to face disaster must never appear again in Hasselblad policies and Hassy must turn back and see how they can support these previous customers that trusted the company...
Now, lets just hope that there is a new start with the H5X... let's all think that things will never turn back and (in parallel into looking what can be done to satisfy H3/H3II/H4 customers) the company will return to a leading position...
My proposals (again):
1. Provide the opportunity for one to purchase an H5D back with an H5X camera (without buying the dedicated body).
2. Provide all the backs of the H5D bodies (especially the MS backs) as "open system - self contained" backs -like CF series was- for older cameras to use and for H5X compatibility... much preferably via an interchangeable adapter.
3. Redesign the lenses that are capable of lesser image circle than film 6x4.5  to be compatible with the full image area.
4. Start designing a (future) H6X that will have a focal plane shutter build in the body ...a focal plane shutter of new technology that will be fast enough to sync flash up to 1/250.
If you do the (simple to do) above... You'll be back as the leader in photography... if you don't...  :'(  :-*

Theodoros

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2014, 11:21:51 am »

Everybody loves to bash Hasselblad, and they love them back.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1583963/hasselblad-sues-its-ex-boss-over-deals-sony

Edmund
Its more a matter of Hasselblad stop thinking that people ought to love it than trying to gain their love... They have the technology, they have the base of the product, they have the quality needed, only thing that is missing is to diminise stupidity of their people that make the decisions... Once upon the time, photographers (true ones) were deciding for photographic needs... not stupid "golden boys" of crap!  :o

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2014, 12:38:54 pm »

Its more a matter of Hasselblad stop thinking that people ought to love it than trying to gain their love... They have the technology, they have the base of the product, they have the quality needed, only thing that is missing is to diminise stupidity of their people that make the decisions... Once upon the time, photographers (true ones) were deciding for photographic needs... not stupid "golden boys" of crap!  :o

Theodoros, do you ever read the links in the posts you reply to?
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1583963/hasselblad-sues-its-ex-boss-over-deals-sony

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Theodoros

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2014, 01:02:16 pm »

Theodoros, do you ever read the links in the posts you reply to?

Edmund
Yes I did... I still think that it wasn't one man's policy over the years... To take a position in a company and apply a policy, you first are interviewed by share holders, you explain what your actions will be, the plan is agreed and then it's applied... Unless if Hasselblad's latest owners didn't know what they were investing on with a company that had the same policy before it was ever sold to them...  ??? Q.E.D  ;)

EDIT: In other words the problem is FAR BEYOND Lunars and Stellars.... which were just another "bright idea" of how to overcome the crisis which the decisions that were taken for the MF products policy created!  8)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 02:56:58 pm by Theodoros »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up