Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone successfully printing A2 borderless on Ep 3800 or 3880  (Read 1757 times)

free1000

• http://www.foliobook.mobi
Anyone successfully printing A2 borderless on Ep 3800 or 3880
« on: September 08, 2014, 09:11:45 am »

I've had a bunch of problems this week including the way that when I print borderless the final print is slightly skewed, maybe by 2-4mm.

I made an additional left hand guide to ensure the large paper is entering the sheet feeder vertically, this failed to fix the problem.

Then I noticed the same phenomenon on 8x10" prints, so too small for it to be the weight of the paper, its 230gsm paper made by Harman called Elite Lustre.

Has anyone seen this happen.  Is it maybe dirty rollers, the paper I'm using, or just normal for an Epson 3800.

So the original question pertains, does anyone print A2 or larger successfully on either the 3800 or 3880 or am I pushing this printer outside its comfort zone?
@foliobook
Foliobook professional photo

AFairley

Re: Anyone successfully printing A2 borderless on Ep 3800 or 3880
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 09:51:04 am »

Printing 17x22 on both 3800 and 3880, vast majority of the time I don't have skew, but once in a while will get 1 mm or so.  This is rear feed printing with 1/4" borders, but I don't see why the feed would be different for borderless.

PebblePlace

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 02:37:03 am »

The sheet feeder gave me lots of grief.  The skewing wasn't horrible, but it was there.  Then I started using the rear sheet feeder with the additional attachment (snaps to the back of the printer).  I clip a foam core board to extend it, thus support the paper while it's feeding.

I don't print borderless because supposedly it creates quite the mess internally.  Like AFairley I leave about .25" of a border all around.  Since using the rear feeder, alignment has not been an issue.

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 08:03:16 am »

Printers print borderless by going past the edge and spraying your credit card into the maintenance tray.
I use Mirage Print which has solved nearly all of my Epson printing problems.

If you want A2 borderless then you use 17" wide roll paper and set the image size to A2 and trim it.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography
Pages: [1]   Go Up