Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Artisan 1430  (Read 680 times)

Kevin Gallagher

Epson Artisan 1430
« on: September 07, 2014, 11:33:47 am »

Hello to all, I'm just curious to know if any have tried this printer or have any first hand experience with it. I'm downsizing my equipment these days and happened to notice one of these on display at my local Staples store. I fully understand the "you get what you pay for" principle but I find myself doing a lot less printing than I used to and something of this size seems very attractive now. If anyone has suggestions of another printer that would be good as well.

PS. I still have a very low mileage Canon IPF 6300 that is just taking up space these days, I'd love to give it a new home for not much $$ PM me if interested.
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

Paul Roark

Re: Epson Artisan 1430
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 10:59:53 am »

It's a 1400 with wireless.  The 1400 has been about the best printer for dedicated B&W for some time.  It has a reputation even with third party inks in it that it rarely clogs.  I have 2 of the 1400s, one of which has made more than one mule trip into the backcountry for workshops, and it still works fine.  With one of the printers I keep the OEM Claria dye in it.  Actually, I don't use Claria small carts, but rather the Noritsu large cart version of Claria, including DIY dilution for the light inks, using a generic dye base that I've published the formula for (and MIS -- inksupply.com -- sells [I claim no royalties]).  Refilling empty 1400 carts with Noritsu lowers cost significantly.  For B&W, the OEM inkset on metallic paper makes amazing prints -- if you use QTR and a good profile, one of which I've posted.  See http://www.paulroark.com/BW-Info/1400-Claria-BW.pdf

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

Kevin Gallagher

Re: Epson Artisan 1430
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 11:22:51 am »

Hi Paul, thanks so much for your information packed and hugely helpful reply!! It looks like I'll be buying one of these very soon.  :)
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell
Pages: [1]   Go Up