Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Top Execs Addresses  (Read 1958 times)

randal21

Epson Top Execs Addresses
« on: September 05, 2014, 11:43:15 am »

Does anyone have an info in reaching the CEO, design engineers and president of Epson. Thanks.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Epson Top Execs Addresses
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 11:45:08 am »

Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 11:52:14 am »

Also http://global.epson.com/company/global_network/head_office/

Whatever you do, I recommend being very courteous and positive in approach. (Understand the culture). And, while I have no idea exactly what you intend to raise with them, I suggest you consider that they have probably heard it all already - in spades - but if you are bringing something fresh to the table, it will be interesting to see how they respond. Keep us informed if you wish to.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 04:07:00 pm »

Not sure where the OP is based, but in the US  Epson has a group in LA California that handles issue or complaints. The parent company Seiko is a bit to far removed to start a complaint. I realize you also may want to send a compliment also. 

I have used the consumer advocate group 3 times over the past 15 years and have come away easy time with a positive result. Takes time and patience however.

I got the info for contacting this group from a call to the normal Epson tech support and escalating.  On my last 9880 issue my dealer DTG also was helpful in starting the conversation with Epson.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 06:13:51 pm »

And, while I have no idea exactly what you intend to raise with them, I suggest you consider that they have probably heard it all already

Probably about this?  http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=93181.msg758957#msg758957

And I agree, they have heard it many times ... but relative to the number of machines they sell and are in use it’s probably pretty insignificant.  These printers really aren’t engineered for the use that most of us have for them, and the vast majority of epson users crank enough material through them they don’t have issues other than eventually wearing out ... which they plan for and replace. 

jferrari

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 08:00:47 pm »

And I agree, they have heard it many times ... but relative to the number of machines they sell and are in use it’s probably pretty insignificant.  These printers really aren’t engineered for the use that most of us have for them, and the vast majority of Epson users crank enough material through them they don’t have issues other than eventually wearing out ... which they plan for and replace. 

This is likely the most accurate statement pertaining to LFP's on LuLa and should be a sticky. Thanks, Wayne.    - Jim
Nothing changes until something changes.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 08:06:37 pm »

LFP = ?

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 08:09:56 pm »

LFP = Large Format Printers

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 09:39:43 pm »

OK - thanks.

deanwork

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 11:59:04 pm »

With all due respect that is BS.

I have been a professional art printer for 12 years and have gone through many iterations of  big Epson printers since the very first 9000 and 10K printers were sold. Some of the most recent models have significant engineering design flaws while others did not.

I use my Epson, HP, and Canon 44" printers every day and only one of them, the newest, the Epson 9890 has given me headaches, with two nozzles now completely dead and much ink wasted in fucking with it. If I could pop out the head and put a new one in at a reasonable cost I would, but I can't, and they won't  make them in a way that we can do that. It is a case of pay a fortune or throw the whole printer away, we all know this.

This is a problem that ALL of my colleagues have experienced in one form or another with the 9900 and 9890 series printers. These are not amateurs these are people who print every day as a business.  And it is not happening for lack of use, it's a design flaw, and yes I think the very top people at Seiko should hear from not  just one person but hundreds of them. Thanks for sending the email address.

john

And I agree, they have heard it many times ... but relative to the number of machines they sell and are in use it’s probably pretty insignificant.  These printers really aren’t engineered for the use that most of us have for them, and the vast majority of epson users crank enough material through them they don’t have issues other than eventually wearing out ... which they plan for and replace. 
[/quote]

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2014, 04:29:21 am »

This is likely the most accurate statement pertaining to LFP's on LuLa and should be a sticky. Thanks, Wayne.    - Jim

There is no need to make messages on Epson nozzle issues sticky, they are refreshed almost every day. Here, on the DPreview list, the EpsonWideFormat, ..............

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
April 2014, 600+ inkjet media white spectral plots.

Benny Profane

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2014, 09:37:16 pm »

Probably about this?  http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=93181.msg758957#msg758957

Funny thing. After working right next to about fifteen since 2004 in high volume commercial environments, I would have to say that they don't wear out. They really don't break much at all. Since most are leased, they're gone in three to five years, anyway.
One company I worked for churned so much paper and ink that they didn't pay a thing for the 7800s they used in quantity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up