Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are there any Print info plugins?  (Read 645 times)

Onslow

Are there any Print info plugins?
« on: September 05, 2014, 06:26:32 am »

Hi All, I have two Epsons. A 3880 and a 7800. I do printing for my local photo groups members as well as myslf and others as requested. I run a variety of papers on them. In LR, I have the various print presets in the Print module arranged in folders as shown by the accompanying attachment. In each Printer and Papers folder, I will have various presets named.
The Naming convention I use is the printer, the paper, the size and finally the rendering intent. It seems that LR does not keep printing history which is something I would find very useful. So, my question is
Are there any Plugins that can watch for printing when it occurs and record in metadata the name of the particular preset used? I would find it incredibly useful to be able to do this as I quite often have requests to reprint an image for someone. I could just check the image print history to reselect the same preset instead of working out what paper and rendering intent was used. I would see that info straight away.
Cheers

Onslow

jpegman

Re: Are there any Print info plugins?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 01:32:13 pm »

Don't know about Lightroom, but, a standard feature users love about Qimage Ultimate -is that one can go back and reprint any image session (or job) exactly the same as before - the program remembers and records all the printing details automatically.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/HH3mwSkyzrQ

Jpegman
Pages: [1]   Go Up