Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fiesol Tripod Upgrades  (Read 3566 times)

DarkPenguin

Fiesol Tripod Upgrades
« on: November 13, 2005, 06:57:07 pm »

New toys from Fiesol.  Looks like they have a new center collumn kit.  Both a fixed plate and a new CF collumn with Gitzo like lock.  Apparently they work with any CT-3401.

As the center collumn was my only problem with their stuff this should be cool.

I'll order one before the night is out.  Report to follow.

DarkPenguin

Fiesol Tripod Upgrades
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 12:33:02 pm »

It is spelled "column" and I've ordered it.  No word on when it will arrive. But last time it took 2 days from the time it hit the Taiwan PO until the time it hit my local PO.  Of course I think it took forever for it to get to the Taiwan PO.

DarkPenguin

Fiesol Tripod Upgrades
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 03:54:57 pm »

That replaced everything but the legs.  Far more of a PITA to put together than I would have thought.

Seems nice.  Top of the Tripod says Feisol now.

While the column is lighter the new locking mechanism is definitely heavier.  Big surprise since the old one was two hunks of plastic and a turn screw.

Stealthfixr

Fiesol Tripod Upgrades
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 01:57:57 pm »

That replaced everything but the legs.  Far more of a PITA to put together than I would have thought.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=51711\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

How much of a PITA do you mean?  I have a 3401 and would love to upgrade it.  Are you suggesting this is not something easy to upgrade?  Did you have to do anything other than disassemble/reassemble?

DarkPenguin

Fiesol Tripod Upgrades
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 03:02:53 pm »

I kept losing the brass washers at the damnest moment.  And the position adjuster thingies would spring out on me.  Otherwise it is pretty easy.

Keep in mind I'm mechanically declined.
Pages: [1]   Go Up