Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad 200MS back on tech camera - options?  (Read 11343 times)

NickT

Re: Hasselblad 200MS back on tech camera - options?
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2014, 07:00:05 pm »

Don't feed the trolls. No I have no interest in posting for you.
You appear to be implying that both Brent and I are making things up so I have no further use for you.

Theodoros

« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2014, 07:29:30 pm »

Don't feed the trolls. No I have no interest in posting for you.
You appear to be implying that both Brent and I are making things up so I have no further use for you.

Would still love to see you supporting your post.  ;)

Brent Daniels

« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2014, 10:23:16 pm »

Thanks for the support Nick. This thread has just gotten so ridiculous. Theodorass keeps asking for proof for everything someone says that he does not agree with but has not provided any credentials of who he is or samples of any actual work he has produced. Just blah blah . You try to provide some information from experience with what is sometimes rare and expensive gear to someone looking for answers and you end up chasing a flying pig in circles. Last bit of feeding for the flying pig troll from me. Trolls are ......................

Cheers mate.

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2014, 03:51:51 am »

Its quite simple, there are those that have seen multishot and there are those that haven't. It's a smack you in face kind of thing.   Once you get it, you understand why stitching doesn't make it better.   Stitching is like going to an all you can eat buffet.   Multishot is different.
Rolleiflex USA

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2014, 04:22:53 am »

Its quite simple, there are those that have seen multishot and there are those that haven't. It's a smack you in face kind of thing.   Once you get it, you understand why stitching doesn't make it better.   Stitching is like going to an all you can eat buffet.   Multishot is different.

Eric,

Multishot is pretty similar to Foveon, right?

Cheers,
Bernard

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2014, 05:04:44 am »

Eric,

Cheers,
Bernard

Without the Sigma software, hopefully :)

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Garry Sarre

• Photography by Sarre
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2014, 07:00:40 am »

So multishot manages to increase resolving power rather than just pixels? Trying to understand why it is so much better. Not much of a question but I'm really just trying out a post having finally re entered the MF world.
Portrait Photographer and printer

torger

« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2014, 09:45:37 am »

So multishot manages to increase resolving power rather than just pixels? Trying to understand why it is so much better. Not much of a question but I'm really just trying out a post having finally re entered the MF world.

Basic multishot is 4-shot, meaning that you move around the bayer array so you sample all pixels with R G B. The actual luminance resolution increase of this is tiny, you still have same megapixel count in the image, but color correctness around small details and structures becomes much better, you don't get "false colors".

More advanced multi-shot you shoot many more frames (up to 16 I think of the older backs, while the newer do with 6) where you step the sensor fractions of a pixel, and then use a special algorithm to interpolate a high resolution image, 200 megapixels in the case of H5D-200MS. Then you get both higher resolution and less aliasing.

Here's an example comparison from Petapixel:

original article here, it's about the new H5D-200MS, the CMOS version:
http://petapixel.com/2014/08/20/hasselblads-new-h5d-200c-multi-shot-spits-massive-200-megapixel-files/
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 09:54:03 am by torger »

Garry Sarre

• Photography by Sarre
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2014, 10:09:15 am »

Thanks Torger
Portrait Photographer and printer

Theodoros

« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2014, 04:59:19 pm »

Eric,

Cheers,
Bernard

There is similarity to the fact that both are "true colour" photography, but MS uses much larger pixels and that has a lot of influence in IQ as far as stills are concerned... Surely Foveon will be a much better way of shooting a landscape than the pigs that the trolls are trying to present as "able to fly".

Theodoros

« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2014, 05:03:53 pm »

With "true colour" you get much more analysis for the same sensor resolution because you don't get the mistakes that interpolation does (especially with "neighbouring" pixels). Don't forget that what the human eye understands as resolution is the difference between pixels.

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2014, 11:58:21 am »

Eric,

Cheers,
Bernard

In a lot of ways yes,  since foveon is not doing a matrix interpolation and so is more similar to multishot than most other cameras/sensors, but I believe the color information is significantly better with multishot. The CFA can be selected on different criteria, e.g. they don't have to worry about how much light passes through the first layer to get to the next. Less overlap on the filters can provide more accurate color information. Multishot gets individual data for R, G, B at each site with a single filter.   Multishot can also capture two sets of data for G and so more total information is available.    The sensor size for most MS backs is also much larger than a foveon and this also contributes.  

Note: mostly when I post about multi-shot, I am referring to the 1,4, and 16 shot backs that I have personal experience with.  I have not used the newer Hasselblad 200mp backs that employ a 6 shot routine.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 12:18:30 pm by EricWHiss »
Rolleiflex USA

Quentin

• Quentin on Facebook
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2014, 08:45:53 am »

By way of an update, I have been indirectly told by a UK dealer, after discussions with Arca Swiss, that one cannot use a wide angle lens - say, 28mm or 35mm - on the Arca Swiss Rmdi with an electronic shutter.  I was also told to await developments at Photokina...
Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, Arbitrato
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up