Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pentax 645Z, Live View and Mirror Lock Up  (Read 1852 times)

PBC

• http://www.philcorley.com
Pentax 645Z, Live View and Mirror Lock Up
« on: August 29, 2014, 03:02:09 pm »

Having now got my Pentax 645Z - moving from my 645D - I have a quick question on using Live View.

Normally I use Mirror Lock up, press to lift the mirror, wait 4 seconds and then take the shot.

Now I have Live View available, what is the best way to replicate this?

Do I compose in Live View, turn off LV and then lift the mirror and then shoot as I did on the 645D?

Or does LV keep the mirror up when the shot is taken; or drop the mirror and then take the shot introducing risk of vibration?

Hopefully this makes sense and someone can explain how LV is implemented and should be used

Phil

Stefan.Steib

• HCam - Hartblei Pro Photography solutions
Re: Pentax 645Z, Live View and Mirror Lock Up
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 11:59:47 am »

Now this would be of great interest for me as I don´t have a 645Z.
In fact - a Canon DSLR like my 5D II supports shooting in Liveview which is by far the most vibrationless mode to release the shutter at all.
Doesn´t the 645Z also support shooting in Livemode without the Mirror being moved at all ?

TIA and Greetings from Germany
Stefan
Because Photography is more than Technology and "as we have done it before".

Royce Howland

• Vivid Aspect Photography
Re: Pentax 645Z, Live View and Mirror Lock Up
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 12:34:51 pm »

The 645Z's shooting action during Live View is pretty similar to the way it's done by Canon. The mirror is already locked up so the sensor image can be delivered to the back LCD, so there's no need for separate manual MLU during Live View. Simply set up the shot, wait a few seconds until the camera is stabilized, then make the exposure. It works for AEB sequences as well.

If you don't want to drain the battery quite so fast, you can set up a shot in Live View, then exit LV and expose however you normally did before with MLU, self-timer, or whatever.
Pages: [1]   Go Up