Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Great egret, Cedar Point, NC  (Read 815 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Great egret, Cedar Point, NC
« on: August 28, 2014, 08:14:34 pm »

Olympus E-M1. Olympus 50-200 mm lens @ 200 mm.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Great egret, Cedar Point, NC
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 11:36:06 pm »

Nice, very pure image.

Two details if I may:
- the composition would have worked better for me had the birds been looking left, or been a bit more left in the frame,
- the bird looks a bit over-exposed on my laptop screen. There may be no problem in a correct viewing environment.

Cheers,
Bernard

francois

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 03:59:36 am »

Nice, very pure image.

Two details if I may:
- the composition would have worked better for me had the birds been looking left, or been a bit more left in the frame,
- the bird looks a bit over-exposed on my laptop screen. There may be no problem in a correct viewing environment.

Cheers,
Bernard

I agree with the placement of the egret in the frame, more to the left would have been nice. Other than that, it'a a lovely photo.
Francois

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 08:57:48 am »

Thanks for the comments. I took quite a few shots and some had the bird more centered and/or facing into the frame. But, I particularly like this one because it is a bit nonconventional, with the bird off-center and looking "out." I sort of think of it as a picture of the salt marsh with an egret as opposed to a photo of an egret.

mal mcilwraith

• malmac photography
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 05:13:10 am »

Peter

I like your image - the marsh creates a visual bridge across the image and the  bird is crossing over - to where, from where, who knows?

The grass has a very tasteful texture. The only part that makes me wonder is the high contrast texture on the rougher water beyond the bird. I would probably explore just softening the contrast a little so it doesn't demand so much attention.

Mal
Pages: [1]   Go Up