Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9900 Driver Preview - Mavericks  (Read 639 times)

Garnick

9900 Driver Preview - Mavericks
« on: August 27, 2014, 04:58:55 pm »

Hello all,

Before I upgraded to Mavericks I tested it on a clone and all of my periferals seemed to be working well, so I have finally installed the upgrade on Mac HD.  Again, all periferals are working well, including the 9900.  However, one rather strange issue I have noticed is the 9900 preview pane in the print dialogue.  I referred to it as an "issue", but for me it isn't really.  It's simply a question for which I would like to find an answer.  In Mavericks the print preview is quite different from what I see on my display prior to sending it to print.  My display is calibrated regularly and until Mavericks the print dialogue preview matched quite well with the display before committing to print.  The print preview is much cooler and rather lifeless compared to the image as viewed in PS or LR, so I'm wondering what the cause for that might be and how I go about possibly correcting it.  Of course turning on the match items in the dialogue makes it look even worse.  As I mentioned, it's not really an issue, but I would like to fix it if that's possible.  It's probably something I forgot to set somewhere or a flaw in the communication between the OS and the 9900 driver.  I'm sure some of you folks will have an answer for this and I'm anxious to find out how dumb I've been not to find it myself.

Gary
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: 9900 Driver Preview - Mavericks
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 05:04:08 pm »

In Mavericks the print preview is quite different from what I see on my display prior to sending it to print. 
In Photoshop? It's a bug, Adobe knows about it. Just ignore it.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Garnick

Re: 9900 Driver Preview - Mavericks
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 10:19:37 pm »

In Photoshop? It's a bug, Adobe knows about it. Just ignore it.

Thanks Andrew,

As I mentioned, I have been ignoring it.  Just thought perhaps I had somehow missed a setting somewhere that might have caused this to happen.  Good to know it wasn't my bad.

Gary

Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)
Pages: [1]   Go Up